PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Uke

ukejon
06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Rich Godfrey, of Koa Works Ukulele in Kane'ohe (Hawaii), has just built me a new cutaway tenor. I already owned one of his instruments, a koa tenor that was bought new in October 2005 and that now has over 6000 hours of playing time on it. Rich and I reconnected this winter and he offered to make me a cutaway with some highly figured quarter-sawn koa that he stashed away several years ago. I certainly couldn't say no to his offer and, after 4 months of waiting, the uke arrived. It is more beautiful than I imagined and its tone is exactly what both of us hoped for.

Here is the first recording, a version of In My Life that was very much inspired by Jake's arrangement but with some of my own additions. Hope you enjoy and if you ever want a great custom uke, call Rich. He is a master builder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzj6FdbKww

mm stan
06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Aloha Ukejon,
Congrats on you new purchase, Very good choice....when I started, I heard his ukuleles were one of the top best.
I always wanted one but didn't know how to contact him, and still I still want one. The one you ordered sounds
like a winner, but then all of his are winner. You're very fortunate to get one from a top luthier such as Rich. I
hope in the future, I may get that oppertunity.....Have fun and enjoy the sweet sound os the ukulele. "Keep
them strings vibrating" Ukulele's are forever..... MM Stan....
Btw-nice job on the playing, one of my all time favorites....Sounds awesome!!
Is that a honu model, I like grain pattern and the larger sound hole, crisp clean sounds
Beautiful.....

tnobes
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
:iwant:

Wow! Looks beautiful and sounds amazing!

Brad Bordessa
06-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Are those poi-pounder inlays?

Melissa82
06-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous!

redheadedali
06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
It's sooo prettyyy...

FromTheWayside
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I really like that uke. Koa Works headstocks are very distinct, and I like the overall shape of the body. In short, if you ever need someone to uke-sit for you...call me up!

ukejon
06-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Hippie Guy, you are correct about identifying the Poi Pounder inlays. Well done.

timmoore8
06-17-2010, 06:59 AM
wow that is pretty and shinny too. Take good care of it or im gonna have to arrest you for domestic violence on a uke charges