Any other Ohta-San fans out there?

Craig

Reaction score
I know there's at least one other! I'd love to see him play live.

I'm one other. Ohta San was my first trip to the uke paradaise of the mind bro! Another good one that has that dreamy island flavour is Bryan Tolentino.

Paradise of the Mind

Ohta San was my first trip to the uke paradaise of the mind bro!

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but it sounds cool to me and I wanna go too!

Bryan is also a GREAT player and a very nice guy. I met him at the Cerritos Festival this past year. He's very generous and humble. I once heard a music critic talk about Brian May of "Queen" stating that he has more original sound and great feel than most people have in technique. I'd say the same for Bryan.

I'm so frick'n jealous!

He's coming to Seattle this June. I am VERY excited to see him (and his son) live! :bowdown:

I've seen his son a couple of years back at the Cerritos Festival. He's definitely inherited all the right genes. I'd love to see his dad!:worship:

I have a little uke paradaise in my mind. A little visual of a beach drenched in moonlight with a soft breeze and my wife mixing drinks. As I swing in a hammock strumming lazy meaningless chords MGM taps me on the shoulder and says " meet me at Zippys for breakfast Bra, I got some new ukes to show you." Just then some huge breakers roll in and I catch a few waves before bed , dreaming of breakfast with Mike and unexplored ukes. Hey, a frost bitten Canadian boy can dream right?;)

We've never been to Zippy's, but know Mike well. I'm hoping, the next time were on Oahu, he'll show us where this legendary place is located. We're going back to Kauai this summer, I don't recall seeing a Zippy's there.

ZIPPY'S IS A LOCAL REATUARANT CHAIN I GO TO AND EAT ALMOST DAILY...IN FACT I DONT EVEN ORDR THEY KNOW WHAT I LIKE..LOL My favorites are Oxtail Soup, Burrito w Chili The famous ZIP PAC and Chicken Katsu Currey. and of course Saimen....On oahu there is a zippy's in almost every town....I go to Kaneohe zippys usually around 6.00pm to take a break from work...I wonder if there is a correlation between favorite food types and faorite ukulele? hmmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but it sounds cool to me and I wanna go too!

Bryan is also a GREAT player and a very nice guy. I met him at the Cerritos Festival this past year. He's very generous and humble. I once heard a music critic talk about Brian May of "Queen" stating that he has more original sound and great feel than most people have in technique. I'd say the same for Bryan.

Craig... Are you talking about Bryan Tolentino? I know he is a great Ukulele player too and a very nice guy. He is my friend. I want to see Ohta-san too. I might be taking 'ukulele lessons from Junior.

Alana

Top Bottom