PDA

View Full Version : San Jose ukers!!

TsouL
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
any ukers out there in the 408? b/c all i know is my friend in ma history class and my cousin plays...

FIRST POST lol

russ_buss
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
you can check this thread for people that are in your area:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2520

seeso set up a map link there and you'll see there's a few people in the south bay. in any case, welcome to the forums and hope to see you at a bay area uke meet sometime.

kyle
06-03-2008, 11:07 PM
i'm from san jose and im pretty sure there's a few others here in the forums..just not sure who

the new guy
06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
im from san jose, and my brother cousin and a couple friends in san jose also play. try to set up a meet. let me know

les_maverick
07-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi All:

I am a beginner playing for about 6 months.
I live in San Jose and it would be great to be
able to get together with other uke players.

Les

4strings707
07-05-2008, 09:57 AM
All you gotta do is setup a San Jose jam....and i'm sure people anywhere in the bay will go. I know i would

Fred Miu
07-05-2008, 10:24 AM
All you gotta do is setup a San Jose jam....and i'm sure people anywhere in the bay will go. I know i would

or come to a bay area jam ^_^

dinkadink
08-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm new to UU, and I'd totally be willing to set up a jam in San Jose.
September sound okay? Let me know if you're interested!

I have a friend who owns New Orleans style Bistro right by the Caltrain Station (near HP Pavilion), I bet he'd let me have it there....

-Heather

IamRobbyah
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome Heather!

dinkadink
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Welcome Heather!

Thanks!!! Happy to have found you all here!

Fluke&Martin
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
wooohooo!!!!

I live in san jose and i play the uke!! I also know a few people who go to my school who play!

Uke rulez! :rock:

dinkadink
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm going to set something up. I'm thinking October....
You guys interested?

russ_buss
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
i'm interested.:)

i can think of some others that might be down as well.

4strings707
08-15-2008, 06:51 PM
i'm interested.:)

i can think of some others that might be down as well.

i'm one of the "others" i hope i can get the day off.

kyle
08-15-2008, 07:38 PM
i'd be interested too!

IamRobbyah
08-17-2008, 08:45 PM
+1! (ten digit min...)

drifterx
08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
im in also i live in salinas its not that far...

dinkadink
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Great! I've left my friend at the Poor House Bistro a message about it. I think his place is perfect because it's literally across the street from the CalTrain station. And he has great food and all kinds of drinks! Plus, he has a sound set-up in case anyone wants to plug in and do a little concert. -Heather

Guting
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
^

ho bay area band already!!

russ_buss
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
po'boy sandwiches and beer. the san jose jam just got a little tastier.:)

dinkadink
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
po'boy sandwiches and beer. the san jose jam just got a little tastier.:)

I can't wait!

mamaoftrix
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi!

I would like to be on the notify list for bay area get togethers. I have been playing about one year.. I play with love, if not skill..

Thanks,
Ani

Guting
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
yay !

dinkadink
08-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Good news! My friend at the Poor House Bistro wants to do a whole Luau thing on a Saturday afternoon! He wants to have dancers (we have another friend, Leilani, who teaches Hula and has a group) and a UU uke jam. The whole day will be sponsered by Kona Beer. He asked me if I could line up some Ukulele performers to do a couple of sets. Then we could have the jam after. Should be super fun! We are working on picking a Saturday. I will post again when we figure it out. Anyone interested in doing a short set?

He's done a luau before there but there were no ukuleles. Bummer. This time we'll do it right!
-Heather

russ_buss
08-21-2008, 02:02 PM
that does sound super fun! thanks for planning this. i look forward to the luau!

oh and sponsored by Kona beer?!?! :rock:

drifterx
08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
sweet let me know a date... i mos def wanna go to this.. and yay for beer sponsorship!!!

kyle
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
wow this is turning out to be a full blown event!

the new guy
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
can't wait.

dbcali
08-23-2008, 07:45 PM
hi, i would be interested in meeting other players...i just started playing again last year after not having played for many years. i'm really enjoying it theses days and would love to get together with other ukulele players in the san jose area. i'm in south san jose...

kg0088
08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
im from san jose too.

jjsdad
08-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Wow! This sounds like something not to miss. Count me in for the jamming!

HeavyJumbo
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi you guys,

Count me in for jamming as well. I'm good with whatever date you plan for. One request; please let me know if you are targeting 9/13 asap. I work that day, but I can get the day off, just need to get a trade and let that person know as far in advance as possible.

Mike

drifterx
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
so is there any new news about this meet up/ event??

4strings707
09-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi you guys,

Count me in for jamming as well. I'm good with whatever date you plan for. One request; please let me know if you are targeting 9/13 asap. I work that day, but I can get the day off, just need to get a trade and let that person know as far in advance as possible.

Mike

yah...13th is bad for me too. im attending a wedding. any other weekend is cool with me. well except the 28th. im gonna see earth, wind, and fire for the 4th time.

dinkadink
09-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey all! I have to check with the Hula school to see if they are available, but we are tentatively planning the event for Sat, Oct. 18th at the Poor House Bistro in San Jose from 12pm to 5pm. The Bistro is located across the street from Caltrain Diridon Station. It will be sponsored by Kona Beer. I need to line up a couple performers. Anyone interested in doing a set? If so, please send me a video link of your stuff. That's just so I can show my friend-the owner of the Bistro- who I lined up. After the performers play, we'll just jam- all in! I'm so excited!! I will confirm with the Hula lady tonite and firm everything up.
-Heather

Guting
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
hodacherry! free beers for the performers? haha

russ_buss
09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
oh man, i'm seriously bummed. i leave town on the 17th for vacation. i was so looking forward to this.

have fun and hopefully you guys will do this again sometime.:)

dinkadink
09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I can move it up a week... I just picked that date out of the air. Let me know if Saturday the 11th works. He told me any Saturday in October would be fine.

russ_buss
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I can move it up a week... I just picked that date out of the air. Let me know if Saturday the 11th works. He told me any Saturday in October would be fine.

that would be very cool. i guess it would be good to do a poll of which day works best for everyone else. if the 18th is better for others, then so be it. if not, i'm very much down for the 11th. :)

thanks for setting this up!

dinkadink
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
that would be very cool. i guess it would be good to do a poll of which day works best for everyone else. if the 18th is better for others, then so be it. if not, i'm very much down for the 11th. :)

thanks for setting this up!

My pleasure! I'm just excited to meet everyone and have other people to play with. Once we have a firm date, I'm going to email the Santa Cruz Ukulele Club and invite them also. We could potentially have tons of Ukers there!

jjsdad
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Oct 11th works better for me too.

dbcali
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
oct. 11th is better for me too...

Elainede
09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Why don't you all come on up to the Wine Country Ukulele Festival October 11 in Napa Valley and get together up here? (You can save your luau for the next weekend) Free ukulele performances all day, great food, and you can take in some workshops by Keoki Kahumoku, Herb Ohta, Jr. , James Hill, and Ralph Shaw. More details at: www.winecountryukefest.com
Elaine

Sure it's a long drive, but it's generally the most beautiful time of year here.

dinkadink
09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey guys!

So this is the last date change, as I talked to the Bistro owner yesterday- he suggested doing it on Sunday, Oct. 12th because Saturday afternoons are kind of dead there. It will be a lot more fun if we have a nice crowd.

So! Here are the details:

Ukulele Jam and Luau

Sunday, Oct. 12th
12pm-4pm

The Poor House Bistro
91 S. Autumn Street
San Jose, CA 95110
www.poorhousebistro.com

As I mentioned before, the Diridon Caltrain Station is directly across the street, so that might be good for those SF folks!

What I'd like to do is line up several performers to do 20 to 30 minutes each. After that it's all jam time! I only have one performance lined up so far, so let me know if you're interested!! (Russ????) Ed, "the new guy", and his brother are gonna do some stuff and I'm excited 'cause they're fantastic! Check out his YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/emiles1020

I am so looking forward to this and hope it's just chilly enough that day to sport my new UU Hoodie! (maybe the UU gods would donate a few tshirts for a give away and UU promo??????) I'm working on other fun giveaway ideas too. -Heather

Guting
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
good stuff !

russ_buss
09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Sunday, Oct. 12th
12pm-4pm

yay! i'm there with bells on.:)

i'd like to perform some songs if possible. don't think it will take up 20-30 minutes though. (unless i do the extended allman brothers arrangement of I'm Yours.)

dinkadink
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM

i'd like to perform some songs if possible. don't think it will take up 20-30 minutes though. (unless i do the extended allman brothers arrangement of I'm Yours.)

Play what you like! That's TWO fantastic performers... hooray! I just sent Dominator a note to try and coax him down from Roseville. It's a long drive, I know.

I'm going to make an eVite so people can send the link around via email. I wanna pack that place!

-Heather

jjsdad
09-16-2008, 05:57 PM

Hey, Russ! Want to carpool down there?

As for performing, I think I got about 20-30 seconds of material, so I'll just watch and hang around for the jam session.

Guting
09-16-2008, 06:12 PM

As for performing, I think I got about 20-30 seconds of material, so I'll just watch and hang around for the jam session.

hahaha

one crazy solo run! can!

russ_buss
09-16-2008, 07:06 PM

hi Jeremy, carpool sounds good. i'll see if Alden wants to go too.

the new guy
09-20-2008, 07:11 AM
i cant wait

dinkadink
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
POOR HOUSE BISTRO
UKULELE JAM!!!
SAN JOSE
Sunday, Oct. 12th- Noon to 4pm

***sponsored by Kona Beer***

Bring your Ukulele to San Jose on Sun., Oct. 12th!

We'll have a couple of amazing performances lined up ("Russ Buss" and "the new guy") and, of course, a Jam session for all!

Still working on Dominator! He has a busy weekend and is far away, but says he might.... since it's his Birthday weekend and all...

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12TH
NOON TO 4PM

Bring your Uke, bring your friends for a day of fun, food, drinks, and music!

The Poor House Bistro is in downtown San Jose...

91 S. Autumn Street
San Jose, CA 95110
408-29-BLUES
www.poorhousebistro.com

There will be Reflexology Sessions and Kona Beer Specials

If you plan on attending, let me know! Post your RSVP here and I will keep a running tally. Tell everyone you know!
Everyone is welcome!!! The more the merrier!!!
(Ukulele not required, but STRONGLY suggested)

Cheers!
Heather
co-organizer

dinkadink
10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
The Poor House Bistro is a family place. Kids are welcome also!

Hope to see you there!!
-Heather

dinkadink
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Bumping, 'cause it's only a week away! :)

dinkadink
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Bumpitty bump! I have about 10 people in this thread who aren't responding. I know you're out there!

Sorry to badger, but it will be SO fun if you guys come!!!

leo76dragon
10-04-2008, 07:15 AM
i'm from san jose and im pretty sure there's a few others here in the forums..just not sure who

I'm from San Jose North... playing for 2 months... or less... :eek: I love playing my uke... but it seems like I aint improving... hahahahaa... just gotta be patient I guess and play on... I get a lot of tips from my buddy from Aloha Brewed.... but I finally realized I have no rhythm.... but I'm uke'n on!!!!!:rock::nana:

jjsdad
10-04-2008, 08:15 AM
The Poor House Bistro is a family place. Kids are welcome also!

Hope to see you there!!
-Heather

I'll be there! Not sure about the J's coming along... We'll see.

russ_buss
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
very much looking forward to this event. thanks for setting it up heather!:)

bluetoes
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everyone!

dbcali
10-06-2008, 10:01 PM
i will be there around 2pm...

kyle
10-06-2008, 10:34 PM
hmm...i know i gotta be at the library sometime during the day but hopefully i'll be able to drop by before or after

mani saguana
10-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I was just making a Bay Area group on the forum when I clicked on new posts and found this thread.
I didnt know there was so many ukulele players in San Jose.
I don't have a ukulele because I gave mine to a little boy and I still dont have enough money for a new one but I'll definitely be there.
I cant wait to meet everyone.
(maybe I should have just made a San Jose group)

the new guy
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
ill be there. im gonna try to show up early around 11. see u there.

yp983
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here and am glad to have found this thread. Dominator told me about a gathering this weekend and I thought I'd check it out. Is it too late to RSVP?

dinkadink
10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone! I am new here and am glad to have found this thread. Dominator told me about a gathering this weekend and I thought I'd check it out. Is it too late to RSVP?

RSVP!!!! Everyone is welcome! No cap on attendees. I just wanted to get an idea of how may people might come. So far I have these folks:

RSVP'd:

jjsdad
russ_buss
bluetoes
dbcali
kyle
the new guy
mani saguana
yp983
drifterx

maybe:
guting

Plus I have some folks who've emailed me from Santa Cruz and Berkeley Ukulele Clubs. Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun!!!

Anyone want to suggest a couple of easy chord songs to learn before Sunday that we can all play together??
-Heather

dinkadink
10-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Could use a couple more performers to do a few songs each...

Let me know if you'd like to perform! Send videos if possible...

-Heather

Guting
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I would love to come down but im not sure on sunday's availability.

mani saguana
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Ha I dunno if any of you saw it but in another thread I talked about one time when my friends were at the oakridge mall and they saw someone else with a ukulele.
Ha they got kinda mad cus I'm the only person they have ever seen with a ukulele.
They thought it was me at first.
but ya
I was just wondering if it was any of you guys?

drifterx
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
ill be there.. all i gotta do is try to leave early so i could be there on time..

yp983
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Heather! Unfortunately, Dominator says he will definitely not be able to make it on Sunday.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

the new guy
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
man this sucks i woke up this morning with a cold. but im popping cough drops and sudafed like candy. i dont want to miss this.

dinkadink
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
man this sucks i woke up this morning with a cold. but im popping cough drops and sudafed like candy. i dont want to miss this.

Say it ain't so! I hope you feel better! -Heather

the new guy
10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
ill be there even if i have to wear a mask over my face. haha

dinkadink
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Sunday is two days away!!! Sunday is FunDay. Hope to see you there!!
-Heather

the new guy
10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
so i'm feeling much better. just that my nose is still a little stuffy, but i dont feel sick any more. but i think i got my brother sick and he was supposed to sing.

IamRobbyah
10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, my niece's bday is on Sun, but its over at 230ish. I'm not really feelin the trek down to San Jo, anyone from the northbay or Berkeley area down to carpool (I'd throw some gas money your way :))?

I live in Vallejo, but after the party, I may be goin down to Berk to attend my friends' cookoff competion as a taste judge :D. Me love to eat!

Edit: just saw the roll call... deleted my question of who's all goin.

Where'r my northbay folks? fred? ray? frank?

dinkadink
10-10-2008, 05:12 PM
so i'm feeling much better. just that my nose is still a little stuffy, but i dont feel sick any more. but i think i got my brother sick and he was supposed to sing. Tell him to suck it up! :D I'm just kidding, but he really does have a beautiful voice! It would be mega bummer if he couldn't come. Dose him up on meds and drag his ass over!

Well, my niece's bday is on Sun, but its over at 230ish. I'm not really feelin the trek down to San Jo, anyone from the northbay or Berkeley area down to carpool (I'd throw some gas money your way :))?

I live in Vallejo, but after the party, I may be goin down to Berk to attend my friends' cookoff competion as a taste judge :D. Me love to eat!

Edit: just saw the roll call... deleted my question of who's all goin.

Where'r my northbay folks? fred? ray? frank?

Hey Rob! Do you think you can come down? Find a ride? Would love for you to be there!

-Heather

IamRobbyah
10-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Rob! Do you think you can come down? Find a ride? Would love for you to be there!

-Heather

I mean, I have wheels, but I've been drivin like crazy the last couple a weeks. We shall see...

HeavyJumbo
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Could use a couple more performers to do a few songs each...

Let me know if you'd like to perform! Send videos if possible...

-Heather

Hey Heather,

I'm in to do a couple of songs. I don't have any videos, but I've played with jjsdad, russ_buss, and I_am_robbyah in recent weekends, so they could speak for me.

Mike

jjsdad
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey Heather,

I'm in to do a couple of songs. I don't have any videos, but I've played with jjsdad, russ_buss, and I_am_robbyah in recent weekends, so they could speak for me.

Mike
Heather,

I vouch for HeavyJumbo. He's got a nice voice and knows lots of songs. But, then you haven't heard me play, so what do I know... :D

IamRobbyah
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
If I were to sing along with Mike, would I get free beer too? jk jk

the new guy
10-10-2008, 10:47 PM
he'll be going too

dinkadink
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey Heather,

Mike

Heather,

I vouch for HeavyJumbo. He's got a nice voice and knows lots of songs. But, then you haven't heard me play, so what do I know... :D

Oh! I'm sure you guys are all awesome!! I was just curious about the vids. All are welcome! Just get yourselves there and whoever wants to play, plays! My husband is bringing his pro video equipment. So we'll be taping for YouTube for anyone who wants it.

Mike, I'd love to see you play!! jjsdad- you should play too!!!

Let's all just drink and play and have a great day!!
-Heather

dinkadink
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
If I were to sing along with Mike, would I get free beer too? jk jk

Rob- if you can make it, I will buy you some beers! I hope to see you there!!

-Heather

russ_buss
10-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Heather,

I vouch for HeavyJumbo. He's got a nice voice and knows lots of songs.

i second this.

Rob- if you can make it, I will buy you some beers!
-Heather

i second this as well!

IamRobbyah
10-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Rob- if you can make it, I will buy you some beers! I hope to see you there!!

-Heather

Man, with an offer lie dat, u really twistin my arm!

dinkadink
10-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Man, with an offer lie dat, u really twistin my arm!

**twisting!!***

IamRobbyah
10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
aaaahhhh shoots! I just went back an looked at the time -- for whatever reason, I figured it started at 4, not ending... My niece's party gets over at 230 and with the way filipinos say goodbye, i'll be on my way at 315... I'd be showin up after everyone's been on their way. :mad:

let this be ur trial run... i'll def try an get in on the next one. Have a great time guys!

dinkadink
10-11-2008, 06:46 PM
aaaahhhh shoots! I just went back an looked at the time -- for whatever reason, I figured it started at 4, not ending... My niece's party gets over at 230 and with the way filipinos say goodbye, i'll be on my way at 315... I'd be showin up after everyone's been on their way. :mad:

let this be ur trial run... i'll def try an get in on the next one. Have a great time guys!

Rats Rob!! I knew it was a long shot. Ah well. We certainly will revisit this event. Thanks for trying!!! -Heather

mani saguana
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Good News

I don't have to work so I'll be there.
I'm just gonna watch cus I'm uke-less for now but I should be getting a cedar top kala soon so I'll bring that to whatever you set up next

jjsdad
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Heather,

Thanks for putting this together. I had a great time and even embarrassed myself without having to drink a few beers...

It was nice to meet all you folks. Everyone who played was great (although I was really, really, nervous... ;) ) We had some exceptional singing, harmonica playing, one awesome instrumental, and some fun group jams. My only wish was that I could have stayed longer to jam with everyone. I hope Heather and Dave were serious about making this a regular venue. :)

Can someone post that group photo so that we can associate names with faces? I'm really bad at that kind of thing so I'm sorry not to thank or contact people individually.

dinkadink
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Heather,

Thanks for putting this together. I had a great time and even embarrassed myself without having to drink a few beers...

It was nice to meet all you folks. Everyone who played was great (although I was really, really, nervous... ;) ) We had some exceptional singing, harmonica playing, one awesome instrumental, and some fun group jams. My only wish was that I could have stayed longer to jam with everyone. I hope Heather and Dave were serious about making this a regular venue. :)

Can someone post that group photo so that we can associate names with faces? I'm really bad at that kind of thing so I'm sorry not to thank or contact people individually.
Heather,

It was absolutely my pleasure! You guys were all so fun, and jjsdad- your song was hysterical and so fun. You couldn't see any nervousness!! Also thanks to Ed, Aaron, and James... and unknown shy guitar guy- You were amazing- all! And to Yung (sorry if I spelled this wrong)... "YP983" you are freaking amazing! I'm sorry for everyone that did not get to see him play. It was a real treat. Video coming soon. And to HeavyJumbo for remembering to come on football sunday, and then playing a bunch of fun songs- thanks!! Special thanks to Russ Buss for his fabulous playing and super enthusiasm and support. Couldn't have followed through without you, Russ. Thanks.

So next??? Let's make this a habit. I had a blast with all of you!!!

xoxo
-Heather

Dominator
10-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Heather,
I'm so glad you all had a great time. I really wish I could have been there but it just didn't work.

BTW, I am responsible for letting Young Park know about the jam. He came to Main Street Brewery the last time we played there and we did a little jamming before my gig. He is an awesome player who is just starting out and will go really far. He's also a great guy as I'm sure you know after today.

Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

dinkadink
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Heather,
I'm so glad you all had a great time. I really wish I could have been there but it just didn't work.

BTW, I am responsible for letting Young Park know about the jam. He came to Main Street Brewery the last time we played there and we did a little jamming before my gig. He is an awesome player who is just starting out and will go really far. He's also a great guy as I'm sure you know after today.

Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

Dom, I have to tell you- Young made our day! He ripped on three songs after we all forced him to the stage. It was seriously a highlight today! Really fantastic player, and everyone was blown away. Thanks for telling him about our little jam! Young, if you're reading this, YOU ROCKED!!! (only the video will tell the WHOLE story!)

We missed ya Dom! Would love to see you when we do it again. In the meantime, I'm coming to your Pleasanton show on the 25th. SO looking forward to it!
-Heather

dbcali
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
hey folks...that was super fun. it was exceptional getting to meet all of you and really enjoyed the great uke playing...btw, i'm the one with the wheels...hope for many more of these get-togethers...thanks, dinkadink, for setting this up...

dinkadink
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
hey folks...that was super fun. it was exceptional getting to meet all of you and really enjoyed the great uke playing...btw, i'm the one with the wheels...hope for many more of these get-togethers...thanks, dinkadink, for setting this up...

dbcali- let's do it again soon! I'm so happy you made it! Darn! I met so many people today... your "real" name again??? I wanna say "Ron"??? :confused:

-Heather
(by the way, could you tell that I couldn't wait to get back on UU to talk about this? eckh... I'm such an addict.)

kyle
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
aww man... i missed it!!! ended up being a pretty busy weekend.. just have to wait till the next one

SJallday
10-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Mani Saguana and I stopped by for a bit, that place has some really good food but we didn't get to stay to long and neither of us had ukuleles but it was cool to see that you guys actually get together. I belong to some other forums and no one sets up get togethers like these.

:cool:

the new guy
10-13-2008, 06:58 AM
yesterday was a lot of fun thanks heather for putting it together. im about to post up the pictures. ill let u all know after im done.

the new guy
10-13-2008, 07:22 AM
the pictures from yesterday r up. just check out my profile.

russ_buss
10-13-2008, 07:49 AM
yesterday was heaps fun! everyone got a chance to rock the stage and i met a lot of really cool people. ed, eric, james and their guitar buddy (sorry, forgot his name) played an amazing set. set me up for major fail when i had to take the stage after! jjsdad got to be a rockstar dad in front of his jj's. heavyjumbo played some great tunes from his uke bible (laptop). a very unassuming yp983 (young) told us he didn't know any chords, and proceeded to blow us all away with some amazing jake-worthy picking. heather and dave did a couple of great tunes (go 80's!). then it was on to a bunch of jamming! there were some folks from the santa cruz uke club. met some other cool UU members (dbcali and bluetoes). great food, lots of beer. had such a great time and i look forward to more of these jams!

a big thanks to heather and her husband dave for organizing, filming and emceeing the jam! cheers to you!:)

ed, thanks for the photos! bling bling!

yp983
10-13-2008, 07:54 AM
It was absolutely my pleasure! You guys were all so fun, and jjsdad- your song was hysterical and so fun. You couldn't see any nervousness!! Also thanks to Ed, Aaron, and James... and unknown shy guitar guy- You were amazing- all! And to Yung (sorry if I spelled this wrong)... "YP983" you are freaking amazing! I'm sorry for everyone that did not get to see him play. It was a real treat. Video coming soon. And to HeavyJumbo for remembering to come on football sunday, and then playing a bunch of fun songs- thanks!! Special thanks to Russ Buss for his fabulous playing and super enthusiasm and support. Couldn't have followed through without you, Russ. Thanks.

So next??? Let's make this a habit. I had a blast with all of you!!!

xoxo
-Heather

Heather, thank you so much for putting this together, and also for the encouragement. I think everyone who played either on the stage or in their seats were awesome, and I was just happy to be a part of it. When we do this again, I would love to try to collaborate with anybody if interested...

yp983
10-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Dom, I have to tell you- Young made our day! He ripped on three songs after we all forced him to the stage. It was seriously a highlight today! Really fantastic player, and everyone was blown away. Thanks for telling him about our little jam! Young, if you're reading this, YOU ROCKED!!! (only the video will tell the WHOLE story!)

We missed ya Dom! Would love to see you when we do it again. In the meantime, I'm coming to your Pleasanton show on the 25th. SO looking forward to it!
-Heather

Dom-
Thanks for bringing this event up to my attention. I couldn't have played anything if it weren't for you. :worship: Hopefully you can make it out next time!

Heather-
Thanks again! I am afraid to see the video...my hands were shaking so much that I felt like I was trying to play while riding on a roller coaster. If I get to play again, hopefully I won't be so nervous next time.

IamRobbyah
10-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Drats! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time! Even kuya Alden made it out!!! I owe that guy a drink or two...

I really look forward for the next time =] what time did everyone end up leavin?

Cant wait for the vid

dinkadink
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks Ed, for the pics! I have few pics on my phone. I'll try to post them today. And we'll get the video together soon!

And Young, I can't believe that you live in walking distance from me. One day you'll have to teach me some of that fancy stuff you play!!

the new guy
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
ill post up the videos i have soon too

Dominator
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Excellent pics. It's obvious you all had a GREAT time. Very nice.

clevacheva
10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
i have to go to the next one, the pictures look awesome

bluetoes
10-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks Heather for hosting! It was so great to meet everyone. I promise I'll be less shy next time and play something. I'll start practicing right now.

iamjamesmiles
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
so i was there with great uke player like myself . and once i saw russ i was like dude it russ buss.:nana:

russ_buss
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Drats! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time! Even kuya Alden made it out!!! I owe that guy a drink or two...

I really look forward for the next time =] what time did everyone end up leavin?

Cant wait for the vid

yup, alden and i rolled down to SJ together. a bucket of 4 kona beers for $10! sandwiches bigger than your head! i think the last of us left around 5pm.

so i was there with great uke player like myself . and once i saw russ i was like dude it russ buss.:nana:

i was just as excited to watch you guys play. you guys were so great!

Thanks Heather for hosting! It was so great to meet everyone. I promise I'll be less shy next time and play something. I'll start practicing right now.

how did the ukulele source grand opening go? bummed to have missed it but had to head back up to SF.

dbcali
10-14-2008, 07:38 AM
the ukulele source grand opening was great! great food, and great performances. i saw a bunch of the folks from the jam there too. i think herb ohta, jr was there too, performing some songs, if i'm not mistaken. it's a tiny store but they have some nice koaloha's and ohana's and such.

drifterx
10-14-2008, 08:41 AM
sorry i didnt get to make it .. work held me till 2 and when i was drinving over there at 3 there was crazy traffic at the red barn... i would have been in traffic for an hour.. sorry didnt make it.. from the pix and storys it sounded really fun... wish i made it in time.. next time.

iamjamesmiles
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
when i was at the poor house

the food was great.(cajon fries recommend)

bluetoes
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
The grand opening was pretty fun. I even won a gift certificate to beard papa's. And yes, it was Herb Ohta Jr.

russ_buss
10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
the ukulele source grand opening was great! great food, and great performances. i saw a bunch of the folks from the jam there too. i think herb ohta, jr was there too, performing some songs, if i'm not mistaken. it's a tiny store but they have some nice koaloha's and ohana's and such.

The grand opening was pretty fun. I even won a gift certificate to beard papa's. And yes, it was Herb Ohta Jr.

sounds like a great time. so cool that they had a special guest there. (and food!)

russ_buss
10-15-2008, 11:38 AM
okay, posted the photos from my cellphone camera.

check them out here:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=94

good times!

TsouL
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
darn 3 more months till me license...hope i could come out next time

Ukeguy510
10-15-2008, 02:51 PM
wow, cool event. Wish I could have made it but I don't check UU that ofter :)

Are any vids going to be posted?

the new guy
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
ill be putting up some vids soon hopefully. been kinda lazy.