Hula Ukes

trptuke

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I've had my uke for a little over a year now, but I'm just recently getting really into it. I'm looking at getting a new high-end uke as soon as I can afford one, but for now, I wanted to get some input on my current one. It's a tenor Hula Uke, and that's really all I can tell you. I put some Aquilla (sp?) strings on it, and I think it sounds pretty good for an entry level instrument. Does anyone know anything about this brand? Anyone else every played or heard one? I'm lucky enough to live in a town with a ukulele shop, and I bought it on the sole recommendation of the sales guy. I've been pleased with it, but I'm just curious as to where it fits in the hierarchy of ukelele awesomeness. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I've had my uke for a little over a year now, but I'm just recently getting really into it. I'm looking at getting a new high-end uke as soon as I can afford one, but for now, I wanted to get some input on my current one. It's a tenor Hula Uke, and that's really all I can tell you. I put some Aquilla (sp?) strings on it, and I think it sounds pretty good for an entry level instrument. Does anyone know anything about this brand? Anyone else every played or heard one? I'm lucky enough to live in a town with a ukulele shop, and I bought it on the sole recommendation of the sales guy. I've been pleased with it, but I'm just curious as to where it fits in the hierarchy of ukelele awesomeness. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheryl at Mele kept telling me to get one and when i visited Mele last summer I tried them out. very nice for the price point and it is basically the same thing as the kala and ohana and other laminate imports. Not a Mele or Honu or Pono or Mainland but not bad either. You did fine for your first uke.

Hula Uke's are made in the Philipines for Mele, they are in the same entry level price as Kala, Ohana and many others, but they gave they best quality tuners on them compared to all the others. Mele uses a machined Gover tuner on all their ukes as well as the Hula ukes. Very good sounding and value.

Hula Uke's are made in the Philipines for Mele, they are in the same entry level price as Kala, Ohana and many others, but they gave they best quality tuners on them compared to all the others. Mele uses a machined Gover tuner on all their ukes as well as the Hula ukes. Very good sounding and value.

welcome back. I thought the hula ukes were made in china though. at least they were but i also heard that mele has moved all operations to china (not confirmed though).

I had one as my second instrument. It sounds bright and snappy. Now I've upgraded and it is my brothers/walk-down-the-street-with/autograph 'ukulele. It really holds the ink of sharpie markers for some reason. I play it quite a bit and none of the 20+ signatures have rubbed off.

Top Bottom