jake is a god!

liverlipsyyz

Reaction score
so, i'm at our weekly jam on wednesday night (in toronto), there's about 75 of us. the MC of the jam is talking about what song we should play next and there's all this commotion in the back of the room. the MC looks up and his mouth drops wide open! who's standing in the back of the room? jake shimabukuro! he says, "is that jake shimabukuro?". and jake says, "yes, it is". immediate standing ovation!!!!! jake came up on stage and played and answered questions for two hours!!! free! it was the craziest uke night of our lives. people were stunned, crying, laughing, clapping. it was awesome. here's a bit of a video clip, not the best but the sound is great.

[video]http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/7747335[/video]

Jealous. So jealous.

I love Blue Roses x) It's the song he played when he won his Na Hoku Hanohano award

This is just so completely awesome. Really tells you something about the guy. :)

Aloha Liverlipsyyz,
Jake, extremely talented....with alot of energy and flow....totally awesome!!!
Thanks for the sharing the video with all of us....
"Keep on strumming" Ukuleles are forever.....MM stan....

AMAZING that he would just pop in!!!

that is REALLY cool that he would just stop by like that. You just don't see that much with "celebrities" these days.

Though, if he were to walk in somewhere where I was playing and folks starting crying... I don't really know how I would feel about that. ;) lol

Thanks for the vid! Now I'm even more pissed that I decide not to go to the Jam on Wednesday. It must have been amazing!

I'm glad that I had the presence of mind to record that little snippet ( http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/7747335 ) on my iPhone! It was really an awesome evening. In addition to playing and chatting, he also gave us a few lessons. Uke lessons from Jake Shimabukuro!!!

Oh, wow! I wish I had gone to Toronto a month later now! That's incredible!

Isn't this whole thread the best possible response to "ukuleles are awesome because..."?

that is REALLY cool that he would just stop by like that. You just don't see that much with "celebrities" these days.

Though, if he were to walk in somewhere where I was playing and folks starting crying... I don't really know how I would feel about that. ;) lol

okay, well, maybe "crying" was a bit of an exaggeration!

where in toronto do you get together and at what time? i am in toronto often and would love to join you sometime.

Top Bottom