Mainland "Plain Janes" are in

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Ohh yeah. Go away uas go away.

I prefer my Mainland girls all dolled up. ;)
pineapple2%20copy.gif

Last edited:
I'm with you Ahnko. But I have to say, those ukes with the cutaway and slotted headstock do look sweet.

CMM-TCGH1.jpg

Aloha Hoosierhiver,
Awesome looking, awesome price.....with extra's too....
"Keep on strumming them strings" Ululeles are forever...
MM Stan....

Beautiful, Mike! I'd be on one of these in heartbeat if I weren't laid up and temporarily out of work. *Sigh*....

NIIIIIIICE! I'm loving the grain on the back of that tenor! I have to say I have grown to love the rope binding now after my initial impressions but these are still gorgeous! Question though, why is it that some of the mahogany ukes in the Mainland shop look dark brown (like the ukes I have) and some look a mago-y orange colour? Prob a really obvious answer and I'm just being dull...

Why only limited edition Mike? Does this mean the Banjo-Ukuleles are on their way now?

PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES...

NIIIIIIICE! I'm loving the grain on the back of that tenor! I have to say I have grown to love the rope binding now after my initial impressions but these are still gorgeous! Question though, why is it that some of the mahogany ukes in the Mainland shop look dark brown (like the ukes I have) and some look a mago-y orange colour? Prob a really obvious answer and I'm just being dull...

Why only limited edition Mike? Does this mean the Banjo-Ukuleles are on their way now?

PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES... PLEASE SAY YES...

Some mahogany is darker some is lighter. You might have noticed the mangos on the wall and be refering to that, they are a brighter gold/orangish color.
The "plain janes" are a limited edition mostly because I love our rope binding and will be trying to offer more limited edition ukes in the future. There are 100's of possibilitles if you think about it. Different woods, cut-aways, slotted heads, long necks, different finishes and more..
I am expecting the banjo-uke proto-type this month, if it's good (and I expect it to be) that means we will have them this fall.

Some mahogany is darker some is lighter. You might have noticed the mangos on the wall and be refering to that, they are a brighter gold/orangish color.
The "plain janes" are a limited edition mostly because I love our rope binding and will be trying to offer more limited edition ukes in the future. There are 100's of possibilitles if you think about it. Different woods, cut-aways, slotted heads, long necks, different finishes and more..
I am expecting the banjo-uke proto-type this month, if it's good (and I expect it to be) that means we will have them this fall.
I would like to see some long necked Mainlands. I like that you usually offer glossy finish. So, I vote to see a glossy long neck (maybe cedar, since I don't have one of those yet).
–Lori
P.S. I am also curious about reclaimed redwood or sequoia. I don't know if that is practical, but it would get my attention.

Mainland Envy

They are lovely! I am counting the days till we head down to Nashville and I can get my very own Mainland! I'm eying one of those mango sopranos, though. It'd be swell to have one in time for the Indiana State Fair...

I will be trying to offer more limited edition ukes in the future. There are 100's of possibilitles if you think about it. Different woods, cut-aways, slotted heads, long necks, different finishes and more..

How about a pineapple with Mahogany sides, and back, and a spruce top? :drool:

Top Bottom