Bushmans New strings

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha everyone,
Awhile back, Bushmans was offer their new strings for free as an introductory offer on their website.
Has anyone tried them and what do you think.......
Ukuleles are forever...Keep strumming them strings....MM Stan...

Last edited:
Yeah, I got sent a set... which took an age to arrive, like two months I think which fits in with the whole Bushman despatch rep? At the time I only had my first soprano "beater" uke which came with the usual factory spec strings (outside two the same, inside two the same). I re-strung it with the Bushman strings and I have to say it turned a usually, crappy sounding no mark uke into quite a singer. I've since started using Aquila's which I much prefer, in a whole feeling under the fingers way and everything. It's hard to make a comparrioson between the Soprano, and my Aquila strung concert, obv. the different sizes effect the sound but I would say the Bushmans aren't too bad. They're still on my beater but prob coming to the end of their life now? They stay in tune really well though. I don't have a wealth of experience with uke strings, I'm still to try alot of brands, but I'd say they're worth a try? I'll prob try them again, if they're easily available? That prob doesn't help you much, but that's what I can say...

Bushman strings..

Aloha Kanaka 916,
Many thanks for your response, it helped in my decision in trying to purchase them.You're
right they are bright, clear tone and has volume. (they are a thinner guage strings if anyone
wants to know)
Aloha rock and roll camera,
Thanks for your response too, I see that it work kinda well for you also...
"Keep strumming them strings" Uke On ....MM Stan..

My Bushman strings began to fray, like some tooth floss does. I've never seen strings do that before. They sounded great, but they didn't last.

Aloha Alan,
Thank- you for your response, insight, and experience about bushman strings. I also enjoy
all your video's too!!!!I hope they see this, and maybe they would rethink and reformulate their
string compound. Until then I 'm going to hold off on them.....Many thanks MM Stan...
Keep strumming them strings....Ukuleles are forever!!!!Take care until next time......

My Bushman strings began to fray, like some tooth floss does. I've never seen strings do that before. They sounded great, but they didn't last.

Bushman put a set on my Jenny and I had the same problem with fraying after only a few weeks. Have never seen another brand of strings do that.

I've not had that problem with the new strings. They've been on my beater soprano for more than six months now and I've give it a fair old playing. On top of that I gave it to my girlfriend's brother to play with as he wanted to get into the uke. He hammered those strings, he really was a rough player and they're still going strong. Still staying in tune and certainly no fraying!

It is funny, I just got a call from John last week and he was telling me that the strings have changed since he started selling them, but they sound the same. I am hoping to be getting one of his "new" Jennys and a few extra sets of strings to review for my site. I will tell you what I think when I get them. If I get enough sets I can send them out to people if they want to tell me what they also think. I will post here when and if I get them.

Top Bottom