UU member Nuprin is the best! (My K-wave is here!)

NatalieS

Reaction score
Not too long ago, I posted a thread about Zooey Deschanel's uke. What the heck was it, and where could I get one?? It turned out to be a Kiwaya K-wave, and after searching for them I found out they were discontinued (bummer) but I absolutely fell in love with the wine red one they used to make.

I loved this uke but didn't hope to get one since my budget is tight and I'm getting ready for a 300 mile move. So I couldn't believe it when UU member Nuprin told me he had a wine red K-wave and decided to give it to me!!!

It arrived on Wednesday but unfortunately I was out of town getting stuff moved. I got back in town last night and oh, what a gorgeous instrument it is! I am totally in love with it, and it sounds wonderful too! Its tone is as clear as a bell and very crisp, and louder than I thought it'd be. I can't wait to try it plugged in sometime. And I can't decide what I love best about it-- the shape of the body or the rich red color or the seamless maple neck and fretboard.

Nuprin, thank you so so much! I am, and will continue to be, completely blown away by your generosity. I promise to do justice to this beautiful uke and when I get settled in to my new place, I will sing its praises through a video. :D

002.jpg

001.jpg

006-1.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite part would be that everytime I picked it up, I would remember how great the folks here at the UU are. :)

Congrats on the new uke! Seems like someone may need to update their siggy...

And of course, the obligatory "can't wait to see videos!" but really, I can't wait to see some videos! lol

And Mel, I totally agree with your comment. Ahem...

WOW that rich red color matches your hair perfectly, what a CUTE picture! Congratulations to you Nats (couldn't happen to a nicer gal), and kudos to Nuprin, you da man! ;)

Last edited:
As a Telecaster man, I just have to say,

Jealous!

Okay, actually, I retract my previous statements about the K-Wave Teles, after seeing this one. :eek: That is really, really cool. And shiny.

Aloha NatalieS,
Jus wanted to congrats on your ukulele, It must have been a jaw dropping
moments when you opened the box, and thinking about the kindness and
generosity of everyone at uu are,particually one more than all. Nuprin
you da man!!Your gesture of kindness and generosity will always be
remembered by NatalieS without a doubt. and I Agree with all, Beautiful
picture, beautful young Lady and Beautiful Ukulele. UU ROCKS for sure.
BTW- Nuprin her smile says it all, Many Thanks...Appricated very much....

Last edited:
Congrats Natalie and Nuprin to you many blessings...

As they say "Leo got it right the first time..." another thread, another forum...

As they say "Leo got it right the first time..." another thread, another forum...

As much as I prefer Teles, I do still have an affinity for their little Stratty sisters.

And yes, many blessings upon Nuprin for such generosity.

Top Bottom