"The Oracle" - Classical piece with notation and TAB

Craig

Reaction score
This is an original classical piece by Howard Heitmeyer for the tenor ukulele with low-G tuning. It's simple and pretty. I hope you enjoy the piece.

Will see you in Napa but I don't believe I will be attending Cerritos this year.

This is an original classical piece by Howard Heitmeyer for the tenor ukulele with low-G tuning. It's simple and pretty. I hope you enjoy the piece.

This is wonderful. Thanks for posting. I am going to look up the tab right now. I just strung my Cordoba with Low-g so I can do this, but would this work with high G, too?

Sorry Lambchop...:( This will only work with low G. One of Howard's tricks is to put the melody line in both the high and low strings. BTW, your screen name evokes many fond childhood memories. I hope you enjoy the piece.

Forgive me if this is a naive question, but since it is newly composed, what makes it "classical"? It has sort of a baroque/renaissance feel to it, but what are the characteristics that accomplish this?

Hi Doug,

I think this is a great question and one that I really can't answer. I know that in different types of classical music, there is theory rules involved (parallel fourths, etc.), but I think it's just a feeling here that Howard is trying to evoke.

For Doug: Have you heard the term, "New Music" or "New Classical Music"? This genre tends to be...obtuse and dissonant.... Anyway, Howard has written a couple of these pieces for me and I'm threatening to learn and record one on YouTube.... Maybe by August, I'll have it underneath my fingers and in my pea brain...

Top Bottom