Doing the Flamenco Stroke

J&B

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm currently trying to learn the Flamenco Stroke, however, I got stuck with it. I also noticed the lack of resources on the web covering this stroke, almost nothing on YouTube, Google won't help either. I searched the forum, in vain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvW64KLJXy0

Sproat explains is as an extension of the Fan Stroke, well, I'm doing an alternative version of the Fan Stroke, so that hint doesn't help me either.

I'm moving my hand downwards with the fingers almost vertical to the frets. Problems that I got:
Sometimes my pinkie hita the neck when I'm moving down so my hand is stopped and I'm not sure whether my hand should be lose or cramped. Maybe someone can offer my a short tutorial on the essence of the movement.

Thanks for the help,

J&B

"Loose or cramped?" Neither. Relaxed (yet purposeful, LOL). Notice the wrist of his right hand...

Do what works for you. It doesn't have to be exactly what is being shown in the video. I don't use my pinky when doing a fan/roll strum. It's all bent and just seems to get in the way. Keep trying and you'll get something eventually.

I think I got something eventually. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom