Summer NAMM 2010

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Just got back from the NAMM show in Nashville Tenn and what a great time. I'll post pics and vids ASAP along with more details. Basics-Kiwaya will distribute 2 solid bamboo sopranos that should be in July-Aug they sound great. UK based Tanglewood guitars and ukes are now available here in the US, nice entry ukes that are priced really well. New models from Makai, Kala, Big Island, Cole Clark etc.Oh new Gator cases for ukes that ROCK!!!
Okay I'm editing pics back latra.

Anything on Kala's steel-string solid body uke?

No information while there. Kala did mention a solid body U-Bass. Maybe fall?

Just a moment, I can't breathe... nice little bass!

This is the original Road toad solid body bass uke that the kala is based on
This is one of my personal ukes/basses

024-8.jpg

That's how you could teach beginners! "Pick the A string - no not that one! The red one!"

Cherry.

That's a gorgeous instrument!

And what's this about a bamboo ukulele?

Can't WAIT to see piccies of THOSE!

Pictures are up. Check out my album of Summer NAMM. Here's a picture of a Loprinzi, figured KOA, with Crushed Stone Purfling. Really innovative!
attachment.php

Here is one of the solid Bamboo Sopranos from the Kiwaya Distributor. This one is a proto-type. The production model will feature a nicer bridge. Has an arched back and sound really great. The cutaway with a soft case will be around $240 and the standard soprano will be about $200 with soft case.
attachment.php

Loprinzi is making some serious ukes.

I love the look of the new Big Island, will they be a bit cheaper with the simpler headstock?

Those Mangos look just like Mainland, are they from the same factory?

36937_436904517149_255643082149_5833683_2988491_n.jpg

These are curiously identical to some amps I encountered last month by U.S. Blues. The exact same colors too. I got a black one for cheap. I wonder if the Kala ones have any more power. I'm assuming that like mine, these are battery operated.

Also at NAMM

Just got back from the NAMM show in Nashville Tenn and what a great time. I'll post pics and vids ASAP along with more details. Basics-Kiwaya will distribute 2 solid bamboo sopranos that should be in July-Aug they sound great. UK based Tanglewood guitars and ukes are now available here in the US, nice entry ukes that are priced really well. New models from Makai, Kala, Big Island, Cole Clark etc.Oh new Gator cases for ukes that ROCK!!!
Okay I'm editing pics back latra.

I was there also, so sorry I missed meeting you.
here is my post on it http://ukeeku.com/2010/06/22/summer-namm-2010/

Thanks for posting the photo album. It's a shame Big Island has changed their headstock on the "rope" style ukuleles. The current headstock is distinctive and, to my eyes, rather pretty. The new one seems utterly conventional and not nearly as appealing.

Top Bottom