Favilla baritone

Fantastic! I have a soprano Favilla, and even though I dislike playing sopranos, I play it pretty often. It just sounds too good to leave it alone. I imagine the baritone sounds amazing. Pictures? Sound sound samples? Although there is some debate, Favilla is generally credited with making the first baritone.

Fast becoming a favorite also. Still love the Martin standard and Sonny D super concert though. Thanks for the link and info.

I have it tuned reentrant d.

The best part is I paid just over $100 when I wa a student in Philly in the early 90's. I didn't know enough at the time to know what size it was. I did know that it looked to be a nice instrument, though.

Last edited:
Aloha Countrybumkin,
How cool!!!!Baritones are fun too, I've got a few...something about ukes that have been put away,
and you bring them out again.....they're like old friends seeing again, needing to get reaquainted..
and ahhh the memories too...dust that baby and strum those strings.... HO'O LONO ANA I KE KANI
HONE HONE A KA UKULELE...Pause to listen t the sweet sound of the ukulele..A HUI HO.. MM Stan...

I just boght a Favilla baritone too, a few weeks ago.
It's my far favorite now ! SOunds really gooood and warm.

Top Bottom