Just got back from Summer NAMM 2010

Completely fascinating and very much appreciated. Thanks!

Mahalo for the report. I especially liked Kiwaya's new line of Bamboo "Paulele" 'ukuleles, very "green" ecologically. I wonder if they have a bamboo pineapple in the works. ;)
kiwayapaulele.gif

Mahalo for the report. I especially liked Kiwaya's new line of Bamboo "Paulele" 'ukuleles, very "green" ecologically. I wonder if they have a bamboo pineapple in the works. ;)
kiwayapaulele.gif

Cordoba is also doing a bamboo uke. I saw no pineapple bamboo.
I will keep my eyes open

Awesome coverage! I love those new Kala amps, and the bamboo Kiwayas look fantastic. Any word on pricing?

Thanks for the reporting!

Awesome coverage! I love those new Kala amps, and the bamboo Kiwayas look fantastic. Any word on pricing?

The bamboo cut away with soft case est $240 and the standard with soft case est $198.00 should be available in a month or so. Kala amps list for about $140.00
Ukeeku did a great job covering the show and great pics too.

I hope you get to go to the next one as well.

Thanks so much for bringing back pictures and notes so we can have a virtual experience.

Keep up the good work, and keep uke'in',

One question, where is summer NAMM held?

You wrote that the LoPrinizi with the "extra" sound holes was LOUD. Did you get to play the single sound hole LoPrinzi and was it loud also? I am on a quest for a loud tenor :)

Kala amps list for about $140.00
Really? For a ten watt amp?

I've gotta say I'm aching for one of those bamboo Kiwayas now. The plain one. I hope all our favorite retailers here snap up plenty of them because I suspect there's a good few of us here who want one.

You wrote that the LoPrinizi with the "extra" sound holes was LOUD. Did you get to play the single sound hole LoPrinzi and was it loud also? I am on a quest for a loud tenor :)

I did not see any tenors that they make.

I sent them a check for a deposit for a custom tenor or concert. (can't decide yet). THe one wiht the sound ports are called "nova." They said they will be back before July so I have time to decide. But you can get that in tenor for sure. They are really nice and I am sure they would hook you up with whatever you want. I think the Nova looks cool but its more expensive. I was explained that there are not mere holes but the ukes take much longer to be constructed with the sound ports.
Should I get tenor or concert? I want loud too but has to be "warm". I was thinking all mahogany. But would spanish cedar be better?

Last edited:
As pointed out in another thread, these look identical to the US Blues A100GT amp which is sold at Guitar Files for $80. http://www.theguitarfiles.com/product_id-2714.html

Update: I've seen it under $70 at some other online vendors, including Amazon.

Yeah, I think I pointed that out. I have one of these US Blues amps, I bought it less than a month ago. The seller was selling them for $60, but decided that if I would take it in black (I was of course drooling over the tweed), I could have it for $40. And, my black model seems to have something I've not seen on others: strap buttons.

I sent them a check for a deposit for a custom tenor or concert. (can't decide yet). THe one wiht the sound ports are called "nova." They said they will be back before July so I have time to decide. But you can get that in tenor for sure. They are really nice and I am sure they would hook you up with whatever you want. I think the Nova looks cool but its more expensive. I was explained that there are not mere holes but the ukes take much longer to be constructed with the sound ports.
Should I get tenor or concert? I want loud too but has to be "warm". I was thinking all mahogany. But would spanish cedar be better?

all good questions...

I think it is best to have on really nice concert and one reall nice tenor.

Those bamboo Kiwaya's look sweet!

Top Bottom