PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing (cover)

russ_buss
06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
here's a rough attempt at a song that i'm sure everyone has done on guitar a million times. thought i'd give it a shot on my fluke. if you've played this on guitar before, you know it's chock full of weird chords. knowing i didn't have the skills to translate those weird chords over to a 4 string instrument, i did the next best thing: FAKED IT!!!

so here it is. first take:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fckfEddtcqA

and the tab i simplified(bastardized) the chords from:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/duncan_sheik/barely_breathing_acoustic_crd.htm

la_ingrit
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Well Russ my friend...I love it!!!
i feel passion from the beginning to the end of the song!!
COOL!!! very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

russ_buss
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Well Russ my friend...I love it!!!
i feel passion from the beginning to the end of the song!!
COOL!!! very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

thanks Ingrit! those are very kind words. i really wished i could have done a better take but the second one went so bad, i just decided to stick with the first.

cheers!

14twelve
06-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Hey Russ, I loved it!! I remember that song from the 90s, and liked it a lot then. I'm liking it even more now on the ukulele! You did a great job with it. :music:

russ_buss
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Russ, I loved it!! I remember that song from the 90s, and liked it a lot then. I'm liking it even more now on the ukulele! You did a great job with it. :music:

thanks Michelle! the 90s was a great era wasn't it?

Ukesista
06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Great job Russ, I love your covers, that's a great studio you've got set there :)

mctrmt
06-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Nice one, Russ. And faking it is not the next best thing- it is the best thing!

Mary-Anne

russ_buss
06-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Great job Russ, I love your covers, that's a great studio you've got set there :)

Nice one, Russ. And faking it is not the next best thing- it is the best thing!

Mary-Anne

thanks Ukesista and Mary-Anne! i'm going to go fake me some breakfast now. mmm, fake breakfast *drools*