Baritone Ukers

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Could someone tell me aproximately how long Aquila Baritone "C" strings are out of the package? I am looking for a set of strings long enough to string my tenor banjo as a Ukulele. They need to be around 36" long. Anyone knowing would be greatly appreciated.

Savarez KF

I've got an old Tenor myself. While 36" sounds a bit long, still I doubt there are any Baritone strings that will work. You can get Savarez KFs in 1 meter lengths. That's probably your best bet anyway.

http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_62_147_602_460

Use all KFs if you want high re-entrant tuning, combine with your favorite high tension wound guitar strings for linear tuning.

Also we'll come out with some wound linear sets by summers' end: 2 gauges of for 4ths and 1 for 5ths.

Aloha Tudorp, I just put a set of low g Aquila's on one of my Bari's, but I'm out of town right now so can't check the length for you. I should be back this evening and I'll try to remember to measure one for you.
D'Addario Pro Arte classical guitar strings may be a good option too, I think I have some of those at home as well and I'll check them too.

Last edited:
Aloha Tudorp, just got home and checked the strings. The Aquila's were just over 33" so may not be long enough, Pro Arte's just over 39". The Pro Arte's I have are the tenor set from the UU store and if you think they would work for you and need the diameters and/or string numbers let me know. I hope this helps.

Top Bottom