roooxxxaaaanneeee

that was an awesome cover!!!! now i wanna do it... but i dont think i can hit it like that! hahaha.

anyway, his capo is on the 5th fret. so basically, the bottom four strings are the same as on the uke, if it were tuned low G.

watch the chords he is playing (hopefully you can recognize guitar chords). and basically just use the finger placement for the bottom four strings. and if your uke is tuned, it should sound right.

another way, is to take those guitar chords and write them out. then use the technique i posted to transpose everything UP 5 steps. rewrite the chords, and you should have it.

its hard to tell, but it looks like the intro he is playing is Am G F Em at the capo'd position. so transposing that up would be Dm C Bb Am.

try that and see how it sounds and go from there.

whoa doggy... i was totally off. but it wasnt my fault.... completely hahaha.

he actually has the capo on the 4th fret.

his chord positions say he's playing this chord progression:
Am G F Em
Dm G Am

so after i transposed it up 4 steps, i finally got a chance to try to play along... and NO DICE hahaha. then i started reading his comments.

someone pointed out that it sounds like he recorded the audio track first, then did the video and sync'd them together to get a cleaner sound.

not really cheating... BUT SNEAKY. why? you ask?

well after actually listening to the song and trying to figure out the chords on my own, the way the audio is being played is at a capo2 position on the guitar. yeah. just trying to throw everyone off hahaha.

so when i transposed it up 2 semi-notes, i got the following chord progression:
Bm A G F#m
Em A Bm

so, deadeye, try that one. i think you will be pleasantly surprised. im playing it on a Low G tuned uke, and it sounds pretty decent.

anyway, his capo is on the 5th fret. so basically, the bottom four strings are the same as on the uke, if it were tuned low G.

its hard to tell, but it looks like the intro he is playing is Am G F Em at the capo'd position. so transposing that up would be Dm C Bb Am.

try that and see how it sounds and go from there.

I think he's capoed at the fourth fret and tuned down a whole step. That would make the chords Bm A G F#m Em A Bm

Works well on the uke too.

Looks like our posts crossed, NukeDOC. At least we agree. Sounds good on re-entrant too.

I think he's capoed at the fourth fret and tuned down a whole step. That would make the chords Bm A G F#m Em A Bm

Works well on the uke too.

hahaha good thing i beat you to pushing that submit button. when i made that first post, i didnt have my uke in my hands and i totally brain-farted not seeing that he was capo'd on the 4th fret. and without my uke, i couldnt tell that he was tuned down.

hey im at work. whataya expect? hahaha :D

but yeah once i got a chance to play along, i had to fix it STAT.

can i just say,i love this place its so nice to have a ukulele community :D

ty for woodshed and ukeDOC

Roxanne is about a prostitute.

The Police always had..err.. interesting subject matter in their songs.

"Don't Stand So Close to Me" is about a how uncomfortable a guy can get when a really young girl wants him.

"Every Breath You Take" is about a guy stalking a girl.

Top Bottom