What's your favourite chord?

penster

Reaction score
For me, it is Fmajor7 5500, wrapping your thumb round the top of the neck.
Which songs? Beach Boys Breakaway, Frank Sinatra Night and Day and Fly Me To The Moon.
Penster

I'm partial to m7ths and diminished & augmented chords.

It depends what key I'm playing in that's why I hesitate to identify specific m7ths and dim/aug chords.

Actually, Fm7 is pretty neat, as in [Fm7-Cdim-Em7-Gdim]x3, D.

Keep uke'in',

Eb minor 6 every time (or major 13ths on the guitar).

minor 6 chords just sound beautiful, like they might want to go somewhere very intense and jazzy, or just leave it and have a nap. They're also great in thriller movies.

Seems like the most popular choice is Am7. But it seems sooo confusing and difficult to hold! Which fingers go where? I'm so afraid to mess it up! I guess gotta practice some more. lol

Seems like the most popular choice is Am7. But it seems sooo confusing and difficult to hold! Which fingers go where? I'm so afraid to mess it up! I guess gotta practice some more. lol

Then try substituting a C6!!

Or try to move between the Am7 and C6 to add something extra!!

dissonant chord

I recently "discovered" a cool, funky dissonant chord that kind of works in a bluesy sort of way. I was messing around with a Bbm, and I was trying to finger an Ebm, but something strange and weird sounding came out. But I decided it was all good. I built a little song around it. I think the chord is probably something like an Ebm flat ninth. Anyway, check it out, Gold Miner's Lament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S82XbQYePI

How about the "Tristan" chord?

The easiest way to play one on a standard uke would be 3026.

JJ

Top Bottom