Problems with strings

trptuke

Reaction score
I put a set of Aquilla (sp?) strings on my uke about two months ago. I know there is a break-in period for strings, but these took forever to settle in. I'm talking weeks here..... But they finally stretched out and stayed more or less in tune. Then last week, I took my uke into the shop for an issue with a fret, and when I got it back, it's like the strings need to be broken in all over again. I thought he maybe even changed the strings out for me because I'm so awesome, but I can tell they are still the same ones that I put on because of the way I accidentally wound the 2nd string different from the others. Has anyone else had problems with Aquillas or any other strings not stretching out? Maybe my tuning pegs are loose, although they don't feel like it. Plus, if it were the tuning pegs, I think it would be unlikely that all four of them would suddenly come loose all at the same. Anyway, let me know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

-c

Aloha Trptuke,
Welcome to the UU, and yup...whenever you loosen the strings all the way, it needs time to
break in again, but this maybe a little less this time..I hope this helps..."Keep on Strumming them strings"
Ukuleles are forever!!!!Uke On MM Stan...

Amen to Stan, the strings got relaxed during fret repairs, now you have to stress them out again. :cool:

Top Bottom