Wukulele Festival - Worthing, West Sussex, UK, October 2010 with Bob Brozman!

Daniela

Reaction score
I'm posting with news of Wukulele Festival - the first edition of the south coast's international uke festival which takes place 8th-10th October in Worthing, West Sussex, UK.

The festival presents extraordinary talents from across the world, including Bob Brozman, Ukulelezaza, Yan Yalego, Lionel K Hubert and The Re-entrants alongside local artists including Richard Durrant, Sophie Madeleine, The Half Sisters and The Bobby McGees. There'll be three days of school performances, workshops, daytime fringe events and evening concerts.

wulogoTINY.jpg

For more information and tickets please visit www.wukulelefestival.com

Looks very interesting, and there's some good little songbooks on the site that are worth having a look at too, thanks for the heads up.

Just got back. It was great fun. Stayed the night at a hotel near the beach. Went for a concert on Saturday night. Bob Brozman was very impressive. He's a genius. Also I really liked Ukulelezaza. Then, joined the jamming session on Sunday afternoon. Again great fun. I really had a good time. I think the festival was really well-organized. Congratulation to all the uke team at Worthing.

Yeah, great, great fest, very friendly. Went to both concerts - exceptional! Saturday night amazing and Sunday night full of surprises too. The McGees really put on a show and Richard Durrant was also brilliant. A bit of jamming in the pub and on the beach. Seemed like a different season too, the weather was so good. Looking forward to the next one.

the The Bobby McGees were the hilight for me as well as the re-entrants , top blokes

excellent weekend

although the mooee coffee bar over the road went a bit uke unfriendly on the sunday ,

Fabulous photos from Wukulele Festival are now online at http://www.wukulelefestival.com/photos

You can also listen to Wukulele Festival on 7th January 2011...

Resonance FM presents
Live from the Wukulele Festival

Friday 7th January 2011 at 12 noon (GMT)
Four hours of marvellous music from from the main stage of Wukulele Festival. Featuring Bob Brozman, Richard Durrant, The Re-Entrants, UKE, Ukulelezaza, Yan Yalego (and Uke Box friends), The Bobby McGees, The Half Sisters, Sophie Madeleine plus Sean O'Hagan's School Ukulele Commission performed by pupils of Whytemead First School.
Listen online at http://www.resonancefm.com/listen

Top Bottom