My first baby playlist.

megamatt

Reaction score
So t - two months and counting to the big camping trip in the U.P. (for those of you NOT from the Midwest that's the upper peninsula of Michigan) and I've got the songs I'm learning to play with my very talented friends all decided on.

1) I'm yours by Jason Mraz. Tabs and lesson (thanks Aldrine) acquired.

2) Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. Still looking for tabs.

3) My hero (acoustic version) Paramore cover of the Foo fighters song. Have a friend working on tabs for my part with the help of my fancy uke chord chart from MGM. Thanks again Mike!

4) I have friends in holy spaces by Panic at the disco. Still looking for tabs, but someone will figure it out, it's a song on uke already!

So any way I'm super excited and even though it's a long way off I'll definitely post a video of the little concert once I'm back from my trip, along with some belated "oh the places uke will go" type videos. :)

If anyone has any suggestions for some <u>easy</u> Hawaiian music books for me to pick up that would be great so I can just noodle a bit while I'm there too!

Anyone else planning a first public exhibition/gig soon? I'd be interested to hear about what your planning.

If anyone has any suggestions for some <u>easy</u> Hawaiian music books for me to pick up that would be great so I can just noodle a bit while I'm there too!
He Mele Aloha, this is one of the better song books for traditional Hawaiian music. Borders should be able to get it for you. This is a recent site and I believe still in work. It has midi files for songs in the book, sorta like a reference. Another site you can look into is Tropical Storm Hawaii; lots of local contemporary stuff as well as traditional music. It also has a tab section.

Thanks a ton everyone, the suggestions and help are great, I'll be having a blasty and practicing my butt off.

Top Bottom