Fanning the flames of UAS

Raygf

Reaction score
Two new ukuleles came this week. Just in time for summer vacation. Videos to follow. Here is my Earnest Instruments, concert neck, Ceegar Box Ukulele by Joel Eckhaus.
Regards,
Ray

Attachments

• CeegarBoxTopBraci&.jpg
    CeegarBoxTopBraci&.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Ceegar Box Back..jpg
    Ceegar Box Back..jpg
    93 KB · Views: 55
  • Ceegar Box Front..jpg
    Ceegar Box Front..jpg
    94 KB · Views: 77
And here is the brand new, Walnut, tenor neck, SB Fluke with B Band electronics. Sounds amazing. I'm waiting on an insert for the hardshell case and a leather strap to be finished.
Regards,
Ray

Attachments

• SB Tenor Fluke..jpg
    SB Tenor Fluke..jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 51
  • SB Fluke Back..jpg
    SB Fluke Back..jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 41
Dang, those are some beautiful ukes. Good for you! Have a great vacation and post those videos when you can.

That is too cool. I like how the back is hinged, and opens up like that. You can even store your actual cigars in it.. ;)

Dang, that is a big ol' cigar box uke. I'm super interested about the new Fluke -- they remind me of the Tahitian ukuleles in body design, and I'm really curious as to how they sound both plugged and unplugged. Personally, I don't really like Flukes or Fleas just based on the shapes alone, but this is too cool to pass up. So, of course, I'm excited for the videos!

Sweet purchases! Congrats!

Dang, that is a big ol' cigar box uke. I'm super interested about the new Fluke -- they remind me of the Tahitian ukuleles in body design, and I'm really curious as to how they sound both plugged and unplugged. Personally, I don't really like Flukes or Fleas just based on the shapes alone, but this is too cool to pass up. So, of course, I'm excited for the videos!

Sweet purchases! Congrats!

Thanks! The fluke doesn't sound like much unplugged, but plugged in the B Band electronics sound good. I have a Kala F-hole tenor and I do not like the plugged in sound of it at all. Different story with the sb fluke. I'll post some videos soon.
Reagrds,
Ray

hhahah.. Better yet.. I love that Hoochulele.. Now that has to be put on the "tado" list..

Aloha Ray,
Congrats on your new Aquirements, and thanks for sharing... I guess I know what you'll be up to
this summer.. fun, fun, fun.....Also you have an impressive ukulele collection,,,Dang...Soooo jealous
Have Fun and Keep strumming them strings.....Ukuleles are forever!!! Uke On...MM Stan...
BTW....You've got (UAS)it baddd....or real goooooodd.....

Last edited:
Can't wait for a video of that fluke

Ray, any follow-up on the CBU? Playability, sound, etc.?
Thanks...

Is therre a cure for UAS? My wife is about to put me in a UAS support group..wait isn't that UU? LOL
I just picked up my newest one two weeks ago. I REALLY wanted a tenor resonator and picked up this Mya-Moe. It's Curley Red Maple with a National resonator cone and sounds just fantastic. I have a Pohaku curly concert Honduran mohagany being made which will be #6 and then I promised my wife I was done .... for a while.

I told her I only needed one more, then got another one and she said "You said only one more"...and I told her yes...I said one more, not the last one! This is a horrible sickness to have

378Back.jpg378Front.jpg

Thanks Ray. Great singing and that ceegar box ukulele is so sweet.
Joel really builds a nice instrument.

Just curious, is the ceegar box sound board a different wood from the rest of the box?

Thanks Ray. Great singing and that ceegar box ukulele is so sweet.
Joel really builds a nice instrument.

Just curious, is the ceegar box sound board a different wood from the rest of the box?

Thanks. Yes, Joel used a piece of solid mahogany and yes he does build a very nice instrument.

Great song, great job playing and singing! Wow!
The CBU sounds REALLY good! Thanks for sharing!
You are very welcome and thank you for the compliments and thanks for reviving the thread. It made me take out both ukes and appreciate them all over again.

Thanks! The fluke doesn't sound like much unplugged, but plugged in the B Band electronics sound good. I have a Kala F-hole tenor and I do not like the plugged in sound of it at all. Different story with the sb fluke. I'll post some videos soon.
Reagrds,
Ray

I just got B-Band electronics put into one of my ukes and it is great. I'll being using B-Band from now on.

Top Bottom