Steps

KLP

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Played guitar for the last 6months,(had lessons for years but never played at home), or so religiously, loved the sound of the uke so bought a Makala MK-C on Wednesday and am loving it. Adjusted to it and strings are now settled in nicely, no more tuning up every few minutes heh. Now when I pick up my guitar I can't get over how damn big it is.

Anywayy, despite the Uke taking up hours and hours of my day, I'm a bit confused. I never really got into the theory side of things.

I'm playing around with Imagine by John Lennon, and there's two different versions I've found. One is C/CMaj7/C etc, the other is G/Gmaj7/C etc.

Are they just different steps, or are the chords wrong on one?

Tbh, I love both sets of chords so I'm not fussed, it just intrigued me.

Thanks! :)

They're just in different keys mainly to accommodate the vocals.

For the record (so to speak), John Lennon recorded it in the key of C.

JJ

Great thank you! :) I preferred the C version.

One more thing, if I may. I swear the uke doesn't sound as good anymore, even though I've only had it for what, 4days? Is it worth buying some new strings?

That depends. Are they tuned right? It could be that the ukulele was sitting there in the shop for ages, and the strings got all screwed up and warped / stretched out. Mine came with Aquilas, and lasted a good three weeks before I broke one of them. If you don't have new ones sitting around, get a couple of packs. I always have spares sitting around, just in case. You never now when a string is gonna whip you in the face.

They should be - I use an electronic tuner, well, an app on my phone and it woks pretty well. I tune it up every 5minutes, heh, and when the strings are played individually, by ear they're fine, it's just when they're played together.. Also do the checks from the E string. But it just doesn't sound...right. Just played around with it now and it's like there's a flat note for some reason, like a drone. Playing a C, it's less noticable with say an Em, but it's still there. I swear it wasn't there a few days ago.

The strings have settled down and keep their tuning for longer, so I assume they've finished the majority of the stretching.

I'll buy a couple of Aquila's off eBay and hope it sorts out the problem, heh.

Hey guys,

Played guitar for the last 6months,(had lessons for years but never played at home), or so religiously, loved the sound of the uke so bought a Makala MK-C on Wednesday and am loving it. Adjusted to it and strings are now settled in nicely, no more tuning up every few minutes heh. Now when I pick up my guitar I can't get over how damn big it is.

Anywayy, despite the Uke taking up hours and hours of my day, I'm a bit confused. I never really got into the theory side of things.

I'm playing around with Imagine by John Lennon, and there's two different versions I've found. One is C/CMaj7/C etc, the other is G/Gmaj7/C etc.

Are they just different steps, or are the chords wrong on one?

Tbh, I love both sets of chords so I'm not fussed, it just intrigued me.

Thanks! :)

John definately did it in the key of C

Top Bottom