1/2 or 1./4 size guitar kits

Dusepo

Reaction score
This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Last edited:
The Makala baritone ukulele is a very good sounding baritone that you can get for $70 at my local Sam Ash. I can't imagine you could get as good a sounding kit for that.

I have also played a couple of cheap thrift store 1/4 scale guitars that sounded like crap unless they were tuned up about 5 frets - in other words the last 4 strings tuned to standard ukulele turning and the two bass strings tuned up to A and D. However, for some reason the Makala baritone ukes with the same 19" scale seem to sound OK tuned to guitar tuning.

Last edited:
Dusepo, Have never seen anything smaller than a 000 size guitar kit and I've been shopping kits off and on for the last two+ years.
No one makes a baritone kit that I'm aware of.
The nearest to what your looking for would be a tenor kit. Top of the line from Pete Howlett or one of the StewMac kits. For the experience of building a kit, those would be my recommendations.
The width at the nut is very near that of the baritone with the scale length about three inches shorter. The point here is that there is enough room for six strings. Conversions have been done and threads to that end have been posted on this forum.
Fred

Top Bottom