Cissy Strut on Ukulele

BlueInGreenUkulele

Reaction score
Messing around on a Sunday morning. I am using my two Koaloha ukes (d-vi for chords and concert for improvising melody). Done in one take so the beat gets dropped occasionally and there are a couple of bad notes. I welcome constructive criticism.

This is one of my favorite things to play on bass. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Meters! George Porter Jr. is a national treasure! I first discovered him on Tori Amos' early stuff, of all places. I read an article about him in Bass Player magazine ages ago, and decided to check out The Meters. It turned out I had heard a lot of Meters tunes during the one year I lived in Lafayette Louisiana when I was 10 years old (1975). Amazingly, when I heard them in my 30s, they came right back to me. I've never seen G.P. Jr. play, but I DID see the Neville Brothers a couple of years ago in Telluride, so I got to see Papa Funk himself, Art Neville!

Yeah you're right about the out of pocket. I think I might try again strumming the chords instead of the fingerpicking thing I was doing (which seems to sound better on my telecaster).

Good tune... good shot on the uke. Thanks for sharing... enjoyed the performance!

Great song choice. High 5 for New Orleans funk!

Top Bottom