Pineapple Tenor

Craig

Reaction score
Go to about 40 secs. into this video and you can see what I've been waiting 2 years and 10 months for!

Aloha Craig, is that Rosewood pineapple exactly what you ordered? She is a beauty. Tenor pineapples are a rare breed. Interesting coincidence but last night I brought out and played my Koa tenor pineapple for the first time in over a year. I prefer my sopranos and concerts but I enjoyed playing my tenor so much I left her out to play her more the next I get.
P1010160.jpg

Your tenor looks beautiful! I gather that Noa and to make the molds for the tenor pineapple shape and he also made a couple of prototypes, one of which Deach owns. The wood combination is exactly what I want. It should provide a deep but clear sound.

Aloha Craig, Thanks for the compliment, it's actually rather nice for what I paid. It's a "NICE" brand made in the Philippines and setup here in Hawai'i so pretty affordable and sounds very decent. One day when I can afford it I want a MP (Mike Pereira) Tenor Pineapple Walnut back and sides, Redwood top, woods native to his area. I could not see in video but what wood did you choose for the top? Mahalo.

Hey Ahnko,

The top is Port Orford Cedar.... It's really not a cedar nor spruce, but its own specie of wood. It's supposed to be a cross between cedar and spruce, sound wise. I'm intentionally going for a more classical guitar like sound.

Hey Ahnko,

The top is Port Orford Cedar.... It's really not a cedar nor spruce, but its own specie of wood. It's supposed to be a cross between cedar and spruce, sound wise. I'm intentionally going for a more classical guitar like sound.

Light in color then, not a typical tan cedar hue. Are you having the top stained or keeping it natural? A local lumberyard used to carry quite a variety of sizes Port Ordford Cedar planks, and it was wonderful stuff to work with and at the time was cheaper than Douglas Fir. I made several furniture pieces including a bunk-bed for my two sons. This was close to 20 years ago, and I have not seen it locally since. I can just imagine how nice she'll sound, can't wait to hear her sing!

Last edited:
I played one of the T-1 Pineapple prototypes at last year's Cerritos Festival. I had a hard time putting it down...rather, giving it back to MGM. Whose going to make your pineapple?

Ahnko,

I'm a natural kind'a guy!....I mean, I don't wear wigs and keep my wood, natural....;)

Top Bottom