PDA

View Full Version : Meet up and all-ukulele Open Mic July 8 and 9 Noblesville, Indiana

MissJonib
06-27-2010, 07:44 AM
I am writing to let you know that the Blue Stone Folk School Ukulele Society will be meeting in Noblesville on Thursday, July 8, from7-9 PM. This meeting is scheduled during the Meat 'n Taters Ukulele Intensive Ukulele Building Workshop, so we'll be hosting some new folks, and maybe some visitors from far away.
We're still working on the location, but we may have a surprise in store for you. Mark your calendars, dust off your ukes and practice a tune, so you're ready. I'll let you know where we will be meeting with the next week or so.
If that isn't enough fun for one week, The Blue Stone Folk School will also be hosting an all-ukulele jam on Friday, July 9, from 7-9 PM. This is your chance to finally get up and do your thing. No more regrets, people! I am really excited about this event, too.
Adding to that, Geoff says visitors are welcome to observe the Uke Intensive workshop, too. If you couldnt' take the class this year, have a peek at what the participants are up to, and maybe you'll be ready to give it a try next time.
My hope is that folks who live near and far might decide to make a long weekend of it. It could turn into something unexpected and wonderful. Let's all stay in touch, and see how many ukuleles we can pack into Noblesville July 8 and 9!
Keep strumming!
Joni .

Hankthetank
06-27-2010, 07:58 AM
I am writing to let you know that the Blue Stone Folk School Ukulele Society will be meeting in Noblesville on Thursday, July 8, from7-9 PM. This meeting is scheduled during the Meat 'n Taters Ukulele Intensive Ukulele Building Workshop, so we'll be hosting some new folks, and maybe some visitors from far away.
We're still working on the location, but we may have a surprise in store for you. Mark your calendars, dust off your ukes and practice a tune, so you're ready. I'll let you know where we will be meeting with the next week or so.
If that isn't enough fun for one week, The Blue Stone Folk School will also be hosting an all-ukulele jam on Friday, July 9, from 7-9 PM. This is your chance to finally get up and do your thing. No more regrets, people! I am really excited about this event, too.
Adding to that, Geoff says visitors are welcome to observe the Uke Intensive workshop, too. If you couldnt' take the class this year, have a peek at what the participants are up to, and maybe you'll be ready to give it a try next time.
My hope is that folks who live near and far might decide to make a long weekend of it. It could turn into something unexpected and wonderful. Let's all stay in touch, and see how many ukuleles we can pack into Noblesville July 8 and 9!
Keep strumming!
Joni .

My best friend lives in Noblesville IN, so this may be a possibility. My only suggestion is to change the thread topic as it reads June 8 and 9.

MissJonib
06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks, You're right, it's JULY 8 and 9. We'd love ot see you, HantheTank!

seeso
06-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Hi Joni, I went ahead and changed the thread title to read July. I also deleted your correction thread. Cool?

MissJonib
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Way cool, thanks seeso. Do you think you can make it down here? I'll make a pie if you come!

hoosierhiver
07-08-2010, 10:07 AM
What's the address for this?

MissJonib
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
The open mic on Friday night is from 7-10 at the Noble Coffe and Tea Company in Noblesville, Indiana: It's on the town square, 933 Logan Street. We had an amazing meet up tonight, and we're hoping for an even better turn out on Friday night.