Middle Age Guy with a Ukulele!

lambchop

Reaction score
My friend describd this as both funny and poignant. I'm actually proud of how this turned out. If you like it, please comment and share. If you hate it, don't tell any body.

I like it a lot. I'm also in that same boat. I don't QUITE consider 45 to be "middle-aged", but I suppose I am deluding myself.

I like it a lot. I'm also in that same boat. I don't QUITE consider 45 to be "middle-aged", but I suppose I am deluding myself.

Thanks - at 49, I just can't deny it. The real message of this video is obviously I still believe in these dreams or else I would not try. And I like your videos, too.

Thank you! I need to get busy and work on another one. Even I am getting kind of tired of the few on my channel!

I guess if you guys are "middle aged" - I AM officially over the hill at 57! But... I loved the song! And... I loved hearing what a Boulder Creek uke sounds like live. And since that's a tenor, my next uke might be both; a tenor and a Boulder Creek. Like the sound a lot.

You just need to shave your head and face and wear a bow tie and we could be twins...well, sort'a ....

Loved it! I'm at 58 and counting, and you youngsters never cease to amaze me....

I don't understand what your age has to do with all this. I took up the ukulele last year and I'm having a blast. I'm 71 and still going strong. I'm into the playing but also into the theory of music trying to tear the Circle of Fifths apart. Bottom line is keep your eye on the goal, your never to old as long as your on top of the grass looking down. Boy, is that sage wisdom or what.
Keep on trucking.

I don't understand what your age has to do with all this. I took up the ukulele last year and I'm having a blast. I'm 71 and still going strong. I'm into the playing but also into the theory of music trying to tear the Circle of Fifths apart. Bottom line is keep your eye on the goal, your never to old as long as your on top of the grass looking down. Boy, is that sage wisdom or what.
Keep on trucking.
This is so interesting because I am currently putting the finishing touches on a litte Circle of Fifths lesson for the ukulele for my blog. I'd like to get your opinion on it when it is up. And, yes, your are right - age has nothing to do with it. The song is a fun one that comments on how a lot of us middle-aged guys have turned to ukulele and I think the implied but unstated message is that I DO believe that one is never too old to accomplish their dreams! I'm a big Burt Munro fan (of "World's Fastest Indian") so I really do agree with you.

You have my respect and my best wishes and hope we get to talk about that circle of fifths. It's the key, don't you think?

Mike

There is only one way I find that age affects my uke playing....finding folks to play with. As much as I like being with folks 20 or 30 or even 40 years younger, I often have never even heard of the songs they want to play or the artists they want to cover. Conversely, they are not interested in playing much of the "old" stuff I enjoy.

Keep on runnin brother. Ukes are not just for the youth. (I'm 52 but feel 25)

Lamb Chop
Will be looking for your blog on the Circle of Fifths. It solves the mystery of chord grouping and notes that make up the chords. If you want to write music, it's a must.

The Circle is the key.

Aloha Mike,
The ukulele is an equal oppertunity instrument, crosses many barriers..
From young to feeling young, enjoy!!!
MM Stan....(54)it's only a number..As far as middle aged???What's that????

The only part of being 47 that affects my uke playing is my gut! I find it makes my uke lie a little horizontal... it doesn't hang down right if you know what i mean.
But then again, that is more to do with my overeating and overdrinking than my age!
Love the vid.

Awesome! I'm 43. Hope I can make it another 43 years. Would love to be an old man with a ukulele. That would be alright by me.

Top Bottom