Album Cover for "Bring the Song" volume 1

GrumpyCoyote

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
would it sound bad if i said i was surprised to get eliminated over some of the other entries?

would it sound bad if i said i was surprised to get eliminated over some of the other entries?

Bad? no... not at all. But keep in mind, my vision and yours may not be the same - nothing personal if you don't get picked. There are over 140 entries, so choosing only one means plenty of other great designs don't get picked. Natue of the beast with these kind of broad design contests.

Your's was beautiful by the way - just not what I was looking for.

If I had any artistic skill at all I would flesh this out as an entry
waiter..jpg

Entries are closed... wow, over 140. I'm selecting in a few days, so let me know if you have a favorite.

Wow! There are some really nice designs there. :)

But I couldn't help but notice how many of them incorporated guitars (acoustic, classical, electric... one even had a mandolin) instead of ukes! I looked back on this and you said people could play whatever they want besides ukes, but isn't the focus mainly on ukes? If so, I think there should be a uke on the cover instead of a guitar or just an abstract design.

Basing it on that, I'm kinda digging #31.

But I couldn't help but notice how many of them incorporated guitars (acoustic, classical, electric... one even had a mandolin) instead of ukes! I looked back on this and you said people could play whatever they want besides ukes, but isn't the focus mainly on ukes? If so, I think there should be a uke on the cover instead of a guitar or just an abstract design.

I think it's because the contest is hosted on a non-uke site so the designers probably didn't realize this.

I think it's because the contest is hosted on a non-uke site so the designers probably didn't realize this.
That could very well be, but in the "design brief" it was stated:

Target Audience

The album volume is directed at the youtube songwriting community and the ukulele community at ukuleleunderround.com (they contributed heavily to the project). These range widely in age, geography, and gender – and even musical taste, but share a few traits:

Fans of amateur music
Acoustic music
folk & roots music
Many ukulele players from Ukuleleunderground.com (for this volume)
Youtube (all submissions were from people who publish almost exclusively through youtube)
Obviously some people got it because they did incorporate ukes into their designs.

Hmmm... I just noticed the typo in ukuleleunderround.com so maybe some designers who might have visited the site to get some flavor for it just got a 404 instead and didn't know any different.

Lots of folks have no idea what a ukulele is. Also, some folks just don't get it. The flaming flying V comes to mind :). No worries, all were welcome in both the BtS project and the cover contest.

my favorites;

72 by rido_rocks
57 by jcotumblin
116 by JAZYLADI

also, there are a few that are basically copies of already existing covers, just a heads up

my favorites;

72 by rido_rocks
57 by jcotumblin
116 by JAZYLADI

also, there are a few that are basically copies of already existing covers, just a heads up

Yeah... I've spotted several of those. Thanks again!

I should be settled on a winner by this weekend.

Top Bottom