What does UAS stand for?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know what it is just by reading the use of it, but I am sure it is an acronymn, and don't know specifically what it means..

It comes from a term called GAS which means Gear Aquisition Syndrome, ie the desire to get more gear. Uke players have made it their own with 'UAS'.

There is also the "PSAS" which stands for "Pineapple Sunday Aquisition Syndrome." Do a search for WickedWahine11's posts and you'll see what I mean.

I've adapted for my own purpose. UAS = Uneed Another, Sam!

As far as the acronym, on a sewing forum I frequented in the past, those of us who love the machines have SMAS.

And all this time I though it meant "United Against Sasquatch"
sasquatch.jpg

Last edited:
But your never too poor for GAS. You can't put a price on a strong case of GAS.

tudorp, if i look at your avatar pic while reading what you are writing--they perfectly match up. i half-way think you set us up with the question just for the gas joke! :D

while you can't put a price on it, it sure could be costly at a party or a job interview. that's why it's always handy to have a nearby dog or farm animal to blame your gas on. if, y'know, you have such animals nearby when you need them.

honestly, i didn't know that uas derived from gas (not the bodily version). i only knew of uas from being on these boards.

i strongly agree with dreambear. oh to have the $ to realize true uas. as it is now i just meander about on mgm's ebay site, koaloha's & the other k uke sites, and the uu marketplace with the same longing mindset i have when i gaze at a lottery billboard as i drive by.

but, the real key to being happy with having 2 ukuleles or 200 ukuleles is contentment. if you have contentment, then your happiness isn't tied up with the # of ukes you have. so having 4 ukes or getting one more isn't where you derive your happiness.

of course, this is what i try to remind myself of as i meander about and stare at my 2 ukes. it sometimes works.

:shaka:

Top Bottom