PDA

View Full Version : What does UAS stand for?

Tudorp
06-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I know what it is just by reading the use of it, but I am sure it is an acronymn, and don't know specifically what it means..

mm stan
06-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Aloha Tudorp,
I think it is.....an acronymn for ukulele aqusition syndrome......

happyslappysoong
06-29-2010, 02:29 AM
It comes from a term called GAS which means Gear Aquisition Syndrome, ie the desire to get more gear. Uke players have made it their own with 'UAS'.

Tudorp
06-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Ahh.. makes sense now.. Thanks..

happyslappysoong
06-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Ahh.. makes sense now.. Thanks..

no probs! By looking at your sig it looks likes you've suffered quite a bit of GAS over the years!

Tudorp
06-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Oh yeah.. I got bad case of GAS... lol

mokai
06-29-2010, 05:10 AM
yet another great gas joke caused by a tudorp thread :rotfl:

Ronnie Aloha
06-29-2010, 05:26 AM
There is also the "PSAS" which stands for "Pineapple Sunday Aquisition Syndrome." Do a search for WickedWahine11's posts and you'll see what I mean.

Sambient
06-29-2010, 05:58 AM
I've adapted for my own purpose. UAS = Uneed Another, Sam!

As far as the acronym, on a sewing forum I frequented in the past, those of us who love the machines have SMAS.

Ahnko Honu
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
And all this time I though it meant "United Against Sasquatch"
http://www.viethfamily.com/jQuery/images/sasquatch.jpg

Dreambear
06-30-2010, 02:18 AM
I am too poor at the present moment to have UAS. I am looking to change that.

Tudorp
06-30-2010, 02:21 AM
But your never too poor for GAS. You can't put a price on a strong case of GAS.

3nails4holes
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
tudorp, if i look at your avatar pic while reading what you are writing--they perfectly match up. i half-way think you set us up with the question just for the gas joke! :D

while you can't put a price on it, it sure could be costly at a party or a job interview. that's why it's always handy to have a nearby dog or farm animal to blame your gas on. if, y'know, you have such animals nearby when you need them.

honestly, i didn't know that uas derived from gas (not the bodily version). i only knew of uas from being on these boards.

i strongly agree with dreambear. oh to have the $ to realize true uas. as it is now i just meander about on mgm's ebay site, koaloha's & the other k uke sites, and the uu marketplace with the same longing mindset i have when i gaze at a lottery billboard as i drive by.

but, the real key to being happy with having 2 ukuleles or 200 ukuleles is contentment. if you have contentment, then your happiness isn't tied up with the # of ukes you have. so having 4 ukes or getting one more isn't where you derive your happiness.

of course, this is what i try to remind myself of as i meander about and stare at my 2 ukes. it sometimes works.

:shaka: