wanted--Tenor uke with active pickup. I'm flexible

adhok

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a tenor uke with electronics (active). Open to brands and prices--let me know what you're selling . Thanks--

I don't have one to offer, but I just saw a nice Applause tenor newly listed on eBay....

I don't know what active means, but I 'll sell you my Lanikai tenor. You just plug the cord into the uke and it's ready to go. Is that what active means? It's a black LU-21TE. PM me if you are interested. I bought it in February -- I just had to have it. But I really don't like to play tenor sized ukes. I need to thin the herd for my new uke that's gonna be made later this summer.

Last edited:
I don't know what active means, but I 'll sell you my Lanikai tenor. You just plug the cord into the uke and it's ready to go. Is that what active means? It's a black LU-T "something". PM me if you are interested. I bought it in February -- I just had to have it. But I really don't like to play tenor sized ukes. I need to thin the herd for my new uke that's gonna be made later this summer.

Active means it's got a preamp, and sometimes tone/volume control. As opposed to passive, which has neither.

Behringer sells a stomp box called the ADI-21, which is essentially an acoustic preamp in stompbox form, for something like 30 bucks. I have one and it makes a HUGE difference with my acoustic-electric instruments. Yes, it's made of plastic and the circuit is based on the Tech 21 preamp, but it's a great affordable box.

I prefer that to having to reach into a soundhole to change batteries, as you have to do with some active pups.

Top Bottom