Makai MKM-80 Soprano Ukulele with Hardhsell Case for sale

LoMa

Reaction score
This Makai MKM-80 Soprano uke is made of all solid highly figured maple wood - top, back & sides. It has an abalone rosette, ebony fingerboard, bone nut & saddle and Gotoh friction tuners. The MAKAI logo is inlaid in mother of pearl on the peghead. Very nicely done and the burled figure of the maple is amazingly beautiful. High gloss finish.

Bright ringing tone, but not brittle - a strong voice. Very responsive and resonant instrument with good sustain. Excellent dynamics from loud to soft - this is a really loud box! Action is on the low side, but there's no fret buzz. Playability is excellent. Strung re-entrant with high G Aquila strings.

This ukulele is in excellent condition. As you run your fingers along the top and back of the uke, you'll fel a slight rippling of the wood, which is due to the heavily burled figure. The uke was this way when I got it from elderly.com and they said any uke made of burled wood would have this rippling, and that is structurally sound.

The uke originally cost $225 from elderly.com with no case. Here's their description:
http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/MKM80.htm

I am including a new Locking Hardshell Case with a tough rubberized exterior and a plush interior with an accessory pocket. This case cost $65 from ukemaker.com in Berkeley, CA.

$215 with the hardshell case.
FREE SHIPPING to the USA lower 48.

OR $190 with no case, carefully packed
and FREE SHIPPING to the USA lower 48.

I also might be open to a trade...

Last edited:
Woohoo! I finally found the pc cord to my camera - here are the photos!!!

Attachments

• makai-back-in-cas&#10.jpg
    makai-back-in-cas&#10.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 42
  • makai-angle-with-.jpg
    makai-angle-with-.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 38
  • makai-front-with&#45.jpg
    makai-front-with&#45.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 40
  • makai-yop..jpg
    makai-yop..jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
  • makai-back..jpg
    makai-back..jpg
    97 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Okay, now the photos really are posted... I goofed a first.

Attachments

• makai-peghead..jpg
    makai-peghead..jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 23
I'll also sell this uke without a case for $190 and FREE shipping to the USA lower 48.

I might also consider a trade.

I'm selling this great uke because I have an Ohana and a koa Larrivee with a very similar sound...

Hi,

I would like to buy a MKM-80. Please email me @ glassyocean 'at' gmail dot com, or add to this thread.

Thanks,
Youngin

Did you sell it already? :) Otherwise I'd love to buy yours.

Thanks,
Youngin

Top Bottom