Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Contest--AUDIO SOFTWARE POLL

What AUDIO software do you primarily use for making your videos?

• Sony Acid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Band-in-a-Box

• Cakewalk Sonar

• Screenblast Sound Forge

• Steinberg Wavelab

• Total voters

3nails4holes

Reaction score
After viewing all of the great entries in the Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Contest, I've got a few questions I'm hoping y'all could help me with.

As I'm new to the ukulele and posting videos in general, I'd appreciate some input.

I've got three questions I would like the UUUniverse--specifically those who regularly post videos--to address:

1) Microphones
2) Video Software
3) Audio Software

Here's the last one about Audio Software.

hey, adobe audition users...

i'm familiar with adobe's imaging products, not their audio stuff and i like their capabilities, work flow & learning curve. have any of you used both garageband & adobe audition & can compare them for me?

thanks!

Currently i'm in the Keep it simple camp... record using the software that came with my Dell laptop or logitech webcam depending on the camera I use.

I do use my ZoomH2 as a USB audio input though...

NOW if i decide to do multitrack.. then its Audacity all the way. I'm on windows and have used Audacity yo record and edit my podcasts fore over 5 years now...

:)

After viewing all of the great entries in the Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Contest, I've got a few questions I'm hoping y'all could help me with.

As I'm new to the ukulele and posting videos in general, I'd appreciate some input.

I've got three questions I would like the UUUniverse--specifically those who regularly post videos--to address:

1) Microphones
2) Video Software
3) Audio Software

Here's the last one about Audio Software.

That's an excellent question. I am new to this whole thing too. I posted a very simple, video I made and recorded. But I don't know what everyone would suggest for audio & video. I used a flip camera, not the greatest, but it worked and windows movie maker, not great either. Some peoples videos were so professional looking and souonding that I'd love to make something comprable, anny suggestions...ANYONE?

That's an excellent question. I am new to this whole thing too. I posted a very simple, video I made and recorded. But I don't know what everyone would suggest for audio & video. I used a flip camera, not the greatest, but it worked and windows movie maker, not great either. Some peoples videos were so professional looking and souonding that I'd love to make something comprable, anny suggestions...ANYONE?

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...he-Aloha-quot-Ukulele-Contest-MICROPHONE-POLL

See the above link, I've put some advice for aplications I've found useful. but I'm sure people will recommend other things also so it's whatever will work best for your and the standard your happy with.

rolon, for this recent kanile'a contest, i used imovie, garageband and audacity. i have a workflow that seems to work well. i would like to get a better microphone. all i have is the internal one on my macbook. but i have never used garageband very extensively until this contest. i really like it! i look forward to making more songs on it.

Top Bottom