Honu Tenor Tradional... ALL KOA <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehicks87

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a Honu Traditional Tenor (the all solid koa model) from a fello UU-er here.

The problem is... I just don't like the way it sounds as much as I thought it would.

It is a beautiful Ukulele, very nice finish, very nice neck. The previous owner said he rarely played it at all.

The price I paid is $400. That's what I'm asking. $400 shipped to your door. I'm in Afghanistan right now *don't worry, she hasn't taken any battlescars haha* but I will absorb the shipping to get it wherever it needs to go.

So... here are the pictures from the original sale, and I assure you she is in the same condition as she was when I got her, and these pictures reflect the condition she is in.

Without further ado:

(ummm... edit... I can't upload right now. Well, I'll have the pictures up tomorrow night (which would be afternoon for yall.)

Here we go!
Jake

Omg....I need to sell my Fluke, ASAP. This is EXACTLY what I want.

I also PM'd you.

Last edited:
Do I see a trade in the making? The Fluke would hold up better in that climate. We may have a winner :)

35340_529506673752_153100623_31098744_493670_n.jpg

35340_529506683732_153100623_31098746_4867082_n.jpg

I'm having trouble uploading the pictures... they're not showing from my facebook album.

In the mean time, you can see them on the original for sale thread here:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...Model-TR-KRGT-lt-SOLD-gt&highlight=honu+tenor

Last edited by a moderator:
I will vouch for the fact that he has the uke. I shipped it to him about 2 weeks ago.
It is a beautiful uke.

I fixed it for you. You have to right click and select copy image url from the photo on your fb to use it. :)

I want this uke so bad, lol... maybe if I sell my Mainland... hmm...

Last edited:
Just curious -- how does the ukulele sound different than you thought it would?

BTW, Thank you for your service.

It's a bit more woody than I expected it to be. Not a bad sound at all, just not what I was looking for. One of my buddies here who plays guitar (yes, we jam haha) really likes the way it sounds. So does most of my company. I played a little when we drank some near-beer in celebration of the fourth of July, and they had nothing but really good things to say about it.

But, it's just not what I am looking for atm.

jake

I just got the same uke but new and I have to vouch for how awesome it is. It sounds like an angel. :) If you are looking for a step up from the brands you have, it is definitely an awesome one.

It's a bit more woody than I expected it to be. Not a bad sound at all, just not what I was looking for. One of my buddies here who plays guitar (yes, we jam haha) really likes the way it sounds. So does most of my company. I played a little when we drank some near-beer in celebration of the fourth of July, and they had nothing but really good things to say about it.

But, it's just not what I am looking for atm.

jake

Thanks for responding. (And thanks, Melissa, for the quick review.) I found a few MGM sound samples on YouTube of other Honu traditional tenor all-koa ukuleles and they do sound sweet. I sent you a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom