My search skills suck....can anybody help?

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey, everyone....

I've proven to myself yet again that my ability to search the UU forums sucks. I'm looking for a thread I recall reading months ago about all the old songs from the 50s and 60s that can be played using one chord progression.... C, Am, F, G7.

As I recall there were tons of cool songs that fit that one progression. Now if I could only find the list of them before my uke group meeting tonight! We're doing "Runaround Sue" by Dion, amongst other songs tonight, and I thought I'd be able to show folks lots of other songs that fit the same chord progression.

Leave it to me to wait until the last minute. Any chance anyone could help me find this thread?

Okay, I figured out that the song "Monster Mash" fits perfectly. I know there are many more. Anybody?

or is that the wrong thread?

Thanks, JT, but that's the wrong thread. C, Am, F, G7 is what I'm after, and fits with what we commonly refer to as the "oldies".

C, G, Am, F is a very similar progression, but the songs that fit are all from the 70s, 80s and beyond. I appreciate the try, though.

Gotta leave for uke group in a little over an hour. Maybe someone will be able to help me find it by then. Then I can look like I know what I'm talking about at uke group tonight! =)

I may have stumbled on a couple more. "Oh, Donna" and "Teenager in Love" both seem to work. I'm still looking for more!

Stand By Me

Aloha mailman,
It's under Ukulele tabs and chords by Zakulele
you can see it on the main page of choices..
It's on the first page, first posting
Btw on the main page it's listed as the newest posting ... for now Zakulele
I hope this helps you out!!!! and in time...
MM Stan...

Aloha mailman,
It's under Ukulele tabs and chords by Zakulele
you can see it on the main page of choices..
It's on the first page, first posting
Btw on the main page it's listed as the newest posting ... for now Zakulele
I hope this helps you out!!!! and in time...
MM Stan...
I don't think that's the one he is looking for.

Aloha Mellisa 82,
I think it is, if you scroll down the threads it wll start to say those same chords and
it started in January and look how many threads it has...It's gotta be the one....
I did respond early to this one too!!! I hope it's the right one, anyways good luck will prevail!!!
or somebody has some better luck!!!!

Aloha Mellisa 82,
I think it is, if you scroll down the threads it wll start to say those same chords and
it started in January and look how many threads it has...It's gotta be the one....
I did respond early to this one too!!! I hope it's the right one, anyways good luck will prevail!!!
or somebody has some better luck!!!!

Nope, I don't think it is. JT thought it might be too. He posted it earlier:

Mailman replied with:

Thanks, JT, but that's the wrong thread. C, Am, F, G7 is what I'm after, and fits with what we commonly refer to as the "oldies".

Top Bottom