Sarah Decroocq's uke sling

Penguinofsorts

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the bag/ sling that 'June Bug' used here to support her Uke while she played? Or any similar devices?

video

You could try my Uke Leash. http://ukeleash.com It is a bit different than the sling, but it doesn't require alteration of your ukulele.
I did a lot of research on straps and support devices, and I haven't seen that sling for sale anywhere. I have seen some similar patent designs for guitars. Maybe it's new, or custom made.
–Lori

It looks just like a scarf or similar garment tied and slung over the shoulder like a satchel, from what I can tell.

I can vouch for Lori's Uke Leash usefulness, simpleness, and stylish looks. My black leather especially.

You ain't seen nothin' 'til you've seen my KoAloha in black leather...heh heh.

I can also vouch for the Uke Leash. It's comfortable and frees my left hand to fret instead of having to support the neck of my ukulele. As for Sarah's uke sling, I wonder if you might be able to ask her about it directly through her myspace page.

Last edited:
I love my leather uke leash. The polypro works just as well but the leather is very stylish.

Lori's Uke-leash is a great idea, and its cool to see someone make their own fix for an issue they (and others) were having when nothing on the market catered to them.

I think personally, however, I'd be more likely to go for a traditional strap, and install buttons. That's just personal preference though. I can also respect that with ukes of great monetary or sentimental value, you may not want to risk drilling into them.

Thanks for the input, everybody! I was looking into the uke leash, but I just thought that Sarah looked so freaking STYLISH with her uke-support method. It appeared as if she could just wear it and use it as a 'fashion accessory' or even a bag and then, voila, hey it can support the uke as well!

Of course, I'm not actually that fashionable, and the uke leash is totally fashionable, especially because you tend to look kind of silly dropping the uke or fumbling with your chords while standing...so maybe practicality will win over here...but I might have to myspace Sarah anyway!

I also think that Lori's UkeLeash is a really excellent and inovative product. I have had chance to really study it and try it out. For those who want a strap but don't want to drill holes in their uke, it is just perfect.

Sarah's solution is really good too. Here is a video showing her sling in use when standing up.

This is a pretty terrible impromptu performance of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" at this year's festival in Paris. Sarah (JuneBug), Lorenzo (Ukulollo) and me.

Though I prefer a real strap, I know a lot of people like that leash.

Without knowing, that sling sure looks like the baby slings my wife used with our youngest daughter when she was a baby. You can find those everywhere.

I ordered an Uke Leash last night and got the "your order has been shipped" email this AM. Talk about fast! I'm also ordering some strap buttons from Mainland Ukuleles and I have a Fleamarket Music "Flea Collar Ukulele Strap" that I use some times. I mostly hold it in my arm or on my leg. I always wear a strap when playing guitar and just decided it was time to try some other uke straps. Now let's see, which one should I drill holes in?
Regards,
Ray

Sarah's sling appears to be not much more than a narrow sash of soft, light fabric. I've seen young mothers carry infants in similar fashion....

sling scarf june bug

Hello Guys It s Sarah here.
My ukulele sling is only a scarf I made A while ago. Was not using it and thought it could be quite useful for my uke. I find it very handy because at the time I had made it pretty thin for a scarf. (trendy!lol)
Anyway. Not always the best if you move a lot but it stays pretty much in its place if I put it well from the beginning!!
(that was quite funny to see this post by the way. And what a video you have there Ken!! )
XX
Sarah
www.myspace.com/junebugacoustic

It looks like you could just get a muffler and wear it like she does. The wide fabric would support the bottom of the 'uke.

Hello Guys It s Sarah here.
My ukulele sling is only a scarf I made A while ago. Was not using it and thought it could be quite useful for my uke. I find it very handy because at the time I had made it pretty thin for a scarf. (trendy!lol)
Anyway. Not always the best if you move a lot but it stays pretty much in its place if I put it well from the beginning!!
(that was quite funny to see this post by the way. And what a video you have there Ken!! )
XX
Sarah
www.myspace.com/junebugacoustic

Welcome to UU Sarah!

It took about five minutes, and a brad-point 1/8th IN. drill bit, to attach Stew-Mac strap buttons on my Hono and Ko-olau Pineapple concerts. Uke Leash strap button adapters and the straps (one leather; one regular) are right-sized for the uke, and I'll never go back. Helpful Hint: Use your hard case as a jig to hold the uke while drilling for the button. A folded cloth pad can be sized to hold the uke at just the right angle.

Top Bottom