Kathy Matsushita's Summer 2010 Project

I love this gal - she is an honest and humble builder and her documentary evidence is about all an aspiring amateur needs to be fully inspired to have a go.

The only problem is her very 'old' website. I can't access the july update through the link.

And yes, some of us haven't had an irony bypass or humorectomy.

Last edited:
Aloha Taylordb,
Thanks for sharing, she sounds like a very talented and humble young lady luthier..
enjoyed it very much!!! MM Stan...

I love this gal - she is an honest and humble builder and her documentary evidence is about all an aspiring amateur needs to be fully inspired to have a go.

The only problem is her very 'old' website. I can't access the july update through the link.

And yes, some of us haven't had an irony bypass or humorectomy.

For some reason her July updae is not working anymore for me either. It was working yesterday.
Her website may be old, but it is a weath of information for someone new to this like myself. I just hope it doesn't go down anytime soon.

Got an email from Kathy today asking how to do the dowel bolt method of neck joint. I felt thoroughly humbled since I rate her as one of the most 'honest' amateur luthiers out there. And by that I mean the way she goes about building - she does a pile of research before she starts and is like a sponge when it comes to absorbing and processing information. I asked her to get a move on because we are waiting to see this build. Hopefully she will subscribe and directly post here. but then I am being quite slefish aren't I?

Top Bottom