Her Majesty Schmidty - a personalized Oscar Schmidt OU3 concert

Sambient

Reaction score
I'm pretty proud of the way this one looks. I took a b-stock OU3 and adorned it with some rub-on transfers.
samscamera087.jpg

As far as what made it b-stock, the finish on the back is discolored. Sort of a charcoal dark green. Non-issue as far as I was concerned. It's the back.
samscamera088.jpg

The banner under the crowned skull reads "Her Majesty", and she is indeed majestic. And yet always up for a good time. The abalone trim is the original adornment this ukulele came with. Know that if you are a pick user or scratch up your soundboard in your playing, the decorations I added will probably wear down some. Which can be a cool look too.

Brown Worth strings. Reliable sealed geared tuners. Truly one-of-a-kind.
Was$82 shipped CONUSNow $70
More pics next post.

Last edited:
Please note that though this is something that was sold to me at a b-stock price, I have seen no mark on it to indicate it is a factory second.

samscamera086.jpg

samscamera089.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Sambient,
Just worried for a fellow UU'er, selling alot of her ukuleles....(that's not normal)
I hope you're doing fine....and only thinning the stock...or getting ready for a big purchase.....
Take Care, and "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan....

Thanks for your concern, MM Stan.
Thinning the stock. Like many who put some of their instruments up here on the marketplace, I've been recognizing which of my babies I play the most and would like to see the others continue to live fulfilling lives.
I really went over-the-top in accummulating. And right now I'm trying to change my hoarding ways in general. But I also want to still be able to experience other ukes in the future. Making some room makes this possible.
Fortunately, I don't really have to sell any of them.
Well, except for the one I have listed as Peaceful Behemoth. I'm a small vehicle person, and that sweetie is too much neck for me to handle. Which is a shame. Visually, I adore the Harmonia.

Aloha Sam,
For me, parting with my babies may even be far more difficult than one could imagine...
But I understand, to move on and out with the old and in with the new....that's how
we grow as ukulele players...experiencing new ukuleles...You've learned from them
and now you want to pass them on, Cool!!! Good Luck!!! MM Stan....

I see you're located in NJ, would it happen to be North Jersey? I love the way it looks, and if I wanted to buy it, I was wondering if I'd be able to take a few bucks off shipping by picking it up.

Hey Sambient, totally awesome looking uke there!
Would you consider shipping it to Australia in a cheap layaround gigbag?
Cheers mate

It would definitely cost more with that sort of shipping. I don't have any cheap layaround gig bags of concert size.
If we can talk greater price and you being okay with it just being very well packed and not having a gig bag, I'd be very happy to ship to Australia. I package exceptionally well.

I have bought ukes from Sambient in the past and will vouch for her packaging skills.

Top Bottom