PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying song on the planet, please...

UncleElvis
07-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Heya... I just got cast in a play as, literally, the most annoying man in the world.
(It's not that hard, because he's also the ONLY man in the world... and the only other person in the world is his ex-wife.)
It starts with him being silly on a bullhorn, then some banter, then they sit down and play cards.
I need bits of business during this part, so it doesn't get all "Two people talking on stage"... stuff to do, scenery to chew, and thought, hey! why not play my ukulele?

So, I put it to you, UUers!

If you were stuck with your annoying ex as the last two people on the planet, what's the most annoying song you can think of... or, if you were stuck with your ex and you wanted to get under her skin, what song would you pick that would just make her want to punch you?

I thought "Five foot two, eyes of blue" would be funny, the "Has anybody seen my gal?" bit... given the context...

Hit me up, pipples!

Harold O.
07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I modified Five Foot Two to more correctly match my wife. It goes Five Foot Three, Eyes of brown...

So I suppose you could rewrite some simple lyrics. Start playing the song as written, then have her sarcastically say "Hey Genius, I'm taller than that and have brown eyes!" Then cut to a rendition of "Five foot six and eyes like sticks..."

It could work.

cletus
07-01-2010, 05:25 PM
For me, the most annoying genre has to be "classic rock", and more specifically "progressive rock".

So I vote for- "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes......... you might have to burn the uke afterwards.

JT_Ukes
07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
The song that never ends....

Ukulele JJ
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Any song can be annoying if it's played annoyingly.

(Conversely, even the most annoying song can be played non-annoyingly. I think...)

That said, how about "My Humps"?

JJ

UncleElvis
07-01-2010, 05:42 PM
OOH! I like these suggestions...

Note, though:

I don't think we're gonna be adding lines, so it's gotta be, like, a one off gag, y'know? Sadly, this is for a writing competition, so we can't mess with the script.

Hm... would it be too hackneyed to do, like, the intro to Stairway, or "Smoke on the Water"?
Might be fun...

Keep 'em coming, mes amis!

The funnier (or possibly filthier! I'm lookin' at you, Miss Leather!) the better!

UncleElvis
07-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh, JT Ukes?

That's a great suggestion. The only problem is that my wife... the real one, not the character... would probably murder me in my sleep if I even hinted that I might think about possibly consider maybe being interested in thinking about even LISTENING to that song again, let alone learning it!

No... I have no idea why I was cast as the guy who pesters his wife into abstraction... why do you ask?

haole
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM
127 decibels of Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight on my terrifying hybrid instrument, the ukuzela.

UncleElvis
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Sweet baby jeebus!

It's set AFTER the Apocalypse! Not about the unholy instrument that caused it!

(Ukuzela... a four stringed instrument, tuned to Bb, somehow only able to PLAY the Bb, no matter how intricate the fingering...

Horrific thought!)

haole
07-01-2010, 05:59 PM
It can play the "brown note."

itsme
07-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I absolutely hate hearing "Music Box Dancer" as played by most of the ice cream trucks that traverse our neighborhood repeatedly during daylight hours. I am so sick of hearing this song it's not funny.

Chris Tarman
07-01-2010, 06:41 PM
What if instead of playing a song that was already annoying, you LEARNED a song... like throughout the play. Working on it... getting closer and closer to playing it all the way through... THAT could be annoying.

DaveVisi
07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahU49yDHeUU

DRice
07-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Well hearing "Breakfast at Tiffany's" once almost puts me into a homicidal rage. Over and over again I would snap! LOL! :)

Ahnko Honu
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
"Tiptoe through the Tulips" by Tiny Whats-his-name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

6stringconvert
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
For me, it is "i know a song that will get on your nerves" by Joe Pasquale...

6sc

forrrge
07-01-2010, 11:23 PM
"Tiptoe trough the Tulips" by Tiny Whats-his-name.

yep and sing it with that annoying falsetto voice

luvdat
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
"Folk music" (esp. of the late 50's and 60's, not true folk music BTW of various cultures worldwide). Dip into the film "A Mighty Wind" for some satirical inspiration...or John Belushi's reaction to "I gave my love a cherry..." in the movie "Animal House."

Hands down, "folk music" (of the "A Mighty Wind" category) is and was the most pretentious self-regarding music of all time...

What's interesting to me BTW is how someone like Bob Dylan used the folk music movement to his own ends, and frankly, glad he did. These Puritans in disguise, carried away by prelest (spiritual delusion) really deserved it.

micromue
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
One day time travels will be no more impossible. When I go back to the eighties, "Last Christmas" shall never be written!

Ukuleleblues
07-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I got you under my skin

UncleElvis
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
LOVE the suggestions!

THANK you guys and gals!

Mim
07-02-2010, 03:06 AM
There are 2 customers that when they give me any sort of un-asked for advice I grab a uke and play tiptoe through the tulips to drive them away. So that is a classic.

On the too high-falsetto note... another extremely annoying some is KISS from Prince... but you have to really high and squeeily sing "You Dont Have to be RICH to be my Girl". Unexpected and HIGHLY annoying to do a prince immetation. I put it on my playlist at work just to annoy one of my employees. She secretly thinks it is hilarious though... I just know it... I think... I hope... if she quits I know why :)!

Dloy
07-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds by William Shantner

Captain_Lovehandles
07-02-2010, 04:07 AM
We Built This City - worst song ever.

RevWill
07-02-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm Henry the Eighth I am.....

except annoying someone to death with it was already done in the movie Ghost.

tuscadero
07-02-2010, 04:55 AM
I always found Mahna Mahna to be the most awesomely annoying song. Perfect if you have an earworm tune in your head because it trumps all earworms. Of course, then you're stuck with Mahna Mahna in your head, nothing you can do about that.

There are a few Monty Python tunes that are dirty right off the bat, "Isn't Awfully Nice to Have a Penis" being the most obvious.

I refuse to play, to advise another to play, or be in the room should a person opt to play "Tiptoe..." I will not support that. Not at all. (yes, I know it was an old pop tune long before Tiny Tim came along, blah, blah--I do not like it)

If it's just a riff you want, I would refer to ukehunt's list of guitar riffs. He's got some fabulous ones, and they are all just a little snippet, so you could mix it up a bit if the show runs for more than one night. A little ACDC, some Daft Punk, some Led Zep, etc.

UncleElvis
07-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Oooh! Good idea, Miss Leather! A different one every night! I LIKE!

redheadedali
07-02-2010, 05:18 AM
I absolutely can not stand Lenny Kravitz's "I Want to Get Away". I have even made up my own lyrics for it: "This song makes me want to/ Shoot myself/ In the head/ Yeah, yeah, yeah..." But it sounds like the original lyrics might actually be thematically appropriate for what you're talking about. :)

Tudorp
07-02-2010, 05:26 AM
I know it's already been said, at least a couple times. But, it is without question, hands down Tiny Tim's Tiptoe through the tulips. Growing up in that era, even as a kid I cringed when I heard that song. Everytime my sister requests me to play it, I have to fight the urge to smack her with my Uke (I know she does it because I hate that song).. Even typing about it now I feel the hair standing up on my back, and I don't even HAVE hair on my back..

jordan bello
07-02-2010, 05:37 AM
To me, Barbie Girl - Aqua. But probably need to pick a universally known "annoying song" so the audience is in on the joke with you. What age group will most of the audience be?

UncleElvis
07-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Jordan, probably between 25 and 60...

telebob
07-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Almost any disco era tune would qualify as annoying... "That's the Way.. unh huh, unh huh, I like it, unh huh, unh huh!"

And then there's Toni Basil's "Hey Mickey, You're so fine, You're so fine, You blow my mind. Hey Mickey!"

Ugh, where's da barf bag? :p: rolleyes:

Anyway, someone's comment about "Last Christmas" is apropos... the dang worse holiday song, totally banal, useless dreck... not even uplifting... and the idea of working on a song through out the show and finally nailin' it... Cool Idea... ;)

spookefoote
07-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Anything by Smiley Sickbag (Miley Cyrus)

Tudorp
07-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little.... thanks for that...

AzMichael
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
While these are, for the most part, very annoying songs, I believe you've all overlooked the most annoying, mind numbing, make-your-ears-bleed ditty on the planet..."Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport".

And now it's gonna be stuck in my head all dang day!

~Michael

mailman
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
If there are parents in the audience, the most universally obnoxious song ever would be the theme song from the Barney TV show. You know, the purple dinosaur? Absolutely the worst....

Tudorp
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh lawd.. I need to stop reading this thread.. I keep hearing all this crap running through my head all damn day.. My youngest is now 13, and I thought I was done with all those obnoxcious songs, but NnnooooOOoo... Now, we have grand kids that come over and need to keep them running.. My daughter when she was a toddler, LOVED Tellitubies... That damn tellitubby song stayed in my head for years.. Made me want to stick pencils in my ears..

Fishead
07-02-2010, 09:27 AM
2 words "My Ding-a-ling".

Never fails to make my wife roll her eyes.

oldrookie
07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Elvira...for the win!

spookefoote
07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Anything by the famous Scottish rapper, McHammer

pulelehua
07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I think for me it would be something where the singer can't quite sing it. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is good because it would be easy to make it sound terrible. I would want the trying-but-not-getting-it-right. Especially with high notes.

"There She Goes" by The Las. Repetitive, too high. I love that song, but I could drive people to throw things at me if I did it in a show.

My 2p...

Thumper
07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Seasons in the Sun.

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
There are 2 customers that when they give me any sort of un-asked for advice I grab a uke and play tiptoe through the tulips to drive them away. So that is a classic.

On the too high-falsetto note... another extremely annoying some is KISS from Prince... but you have to really high and squeeily sing "You Dont Have to be RICH to be my Girl". Unexpected and HIGHLY annoying to do a prince immetation. I put it on my playlist at work just to annoy one of my employees. She secretly thinks it is hilarious though... I just know it... I think... I hope... if she quits I know why :)!

Yeah, but have you ever heard Richard Thompson's cover of it? He does it totally NOT like Prince. He also does a great deadpan cover of "Oops I Did It Again".

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Seasons in the Sun.
Oh god yes. I have HATED that song since I was in 5th grade. Or "Afternoon Delight".

Tudorp
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
yep. both those made chills run up and down my spine.. But, not worse than the 70's "FlashLight". rrrbbrrrrbbbrrrrrr

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
yep. both those made chills run up and down my spine.. But, not worse than the 70's "FlashLight". rrrbbrrrrbbbrrrrrr

You mean the one by Parliament? Hey now... that's a COOL song! It's Bootsy, baby! (And George Clinton, and Bernie Worrell, et al).

oldrookie
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh god yes. I have HATED that song since I was in 5th grade. Or "Afternoon Delight".

I had forgotten about "Afternoon Delight." I now blame you for bringing that dreck back into my life. May karma reward you.

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I had forgotten about "Afternoon Delight." I now blame you for bringing that dreck back into my life. May karma reward you.

I'm really sorry man. I blame my wife, who actually LIKES that song. *shudder*

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh! Oh! Oh! "Cherish".

"Cherish is the word I use to describe you-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-whoa-oh!"

I sing that to shut my wife up when she's singing "Afternoon Delight". But it's sort of like smashing your finger with a hammer to make a headache go away.

Chris Tarman
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
OR! OR a solo ukulele cover of "Revolution No. 9". THAT would be annoying. "If we become..... naked"......

Man, I am having WAY too much fun with this thread!

farmerboy
07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
If you murdered Stan by Eminem on the uke it could be really, really annoying especially to an ex - it's got threats of violence, shoving an ex off the end of the peer in a suitcase and delusions of grandeur. Great song. Alternatively there's always: I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves etc.

Floyd Blue
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I suggest "I've Been Looking For Freedom" by David Hasslehoff, if it has'nt been suggested before...

clayton56
07-02-2010, 08:51 PM
deat heat between "Feelings" and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

spookefoote
07-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Caroline by the Quo

JohnnyRockers
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I vote Poker Face by Lady Gaga. If I was in a post-apocalyptic situation, I think someone playing that song with a ukulele would pretty much drive me insane.

heymak
07-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Safety Dance. Can't think of anything more annoying, and once it's in my head I just can't get it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCMCZJJMew

StereoJoker
07-03-2010, 12:16 PM
"Folk music" (esp. of the late 50's and 60's, not true folk music BTW of various cultures worldwide).
Hands down, "folk music" (of the "A Mighty Wind" category) is and was the most pretentious self-regarding music of all time...

What's interesting to me BTW is how someone like Bob Dylan used the folk music movement to his own ends, and frankly, glad he did. These Puritans in disguise, carried away by prelest (spiritual delusion) really deserved it.

Awww, I dunno. I've heard far, far more pretentious tunes these days that is, quite literally, just noise. There are some groups from the folk-revival movement who make me roll my eyes, but a good handful of 'em were good and sincere. But anyway, back on topic.

Train's "Hey Soul Sister" sung off-key. Seriously. That is all kinds of awful.

Mim
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Would some version of "Shake Your Bon Bon" work... the Ricky Martin Song.

I am trying to think of random unexpected songs:
"I'm a little bit country, she's a little bit rock n' roll"
"Jackson" June Carter and Jonny Cash... sing both parts... one in a girl voice
"My heart will go on" Celine Dion... sing it VERY dramatic... add a few "I will never let you go Jack"s and proclaim to be the king of the world
The Gilligans Island theme song
That Chumbawumba song "I get knocked down, but I get up again... pissin' the night away"
"Tutti Fruitti" by Little Richard
"Brick House" ... any disco really
"I'm never gonna dance again" by George Michael... on the same not "Wake me up before you go go"
"Like a Virgin" is always a crowd pleaser

Ok... I am done... for now...

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread! I love to see what people come up with... but I hate what ends up in my head... sky rockets in flight...

haolejohn
07-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I am surprised that no one has suggested (soon to come after i explain).
in order for the song to be annoying it has to have been overplayed. Some of these suggestions I have heard and they can be annoying but many, I have never heard so not sure if they would be annoying to me. with that typed I suggest "I'm Yours". This spong has been practically banned from UU which might be why no one suggested it here. It has been overplayed on just about every radio station. It is fairly recent so it'll still be fresh in everyone's mind. Telling your ex that you are theres can be nerve racking.

itsme
07-03-2010, 01:02 PM
The Gilligans Island theme song.
Did you know that the lyrics to "Amazing Grace" fit perfectly with the melody from the Gilligan theme?

Here, I know you want to try it. :p

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

haolejohn
07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Did you know that the lyrics to "Amazing Grace" fit perfectly with the melody from the Gilligan theme?

I have already come;

As long as life endures.

A life of joy and peace.

only problem is that I do ot know how the theme goes for Gilligian's Island. I can almost hear it (been awhile) but once i read the amazing grace lyrics, I sing amazing Grace:)

dkcrown
07-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Crash Test Dummies, Mmmmm Mmmmmm. But Safety Dance is a close second.

Pippin
07-03-2010, 06:17 PM
For my ex... I'd play her the song I wrote for her after she divorced me... "You've Gotta Be Stoned"... and here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/PW320M/

Yes... it's a guitar.

Steve vanPelt
07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small, world

Repeat over and over again

hoosierhiver
07-04-2010, 05:40 AM
For the super annoying, I'd go with "Kumbaya" or maybe "The wheels on the bus go round and round".

If you want something cooler that goes with the post-apolocyptic thing, "Only the Lonely"

UncleElvis
07-04-2010, 06:15 AM
"It's a Small World"! BWAH HA HA HA HAAA! Awesome!

You guys are KILLING me!

StereoJoker
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I am surprised that no one has suggested (soon to come after i explain).
in order for the song to be annoying it has to have been overplayed. Some of these suggestions I have heard and they can be annoying but many, I have never heard so not sure if they would be annoying to me. with that typed I suggest "I'm Yours". This spong has been practically banned from UU which might be why no one suggested it here. It has been overplayed on just about every radio station. It is fairly recent so it'll still be fresh in everyone's mind. Telling your ex that you are theres can be nerve racking.

I was going to say that, too (and it's actually more appropriate), but Train's been getting so much airplay with "Hey Soul Sister" recently that it's driving me nuts. It's a stupid, stupid song. But yeah, "I'm Yours" has been around for a bit and it's still overplayed.

ichadwick
07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought "Five foot two, eyes of blue" would be funny, the "Has anybody seen my gal?" bit... given the context...

Hit me up, pipples!
I'm Yours. Nice song the first 50 times I heard it done for ukulele. After that it became a viral audio infection. Easily transformed into "Up Yours".

ichadwick
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
For the super annoying, I'd go with "Kumbaya" or maybe "The wheels on the bus go round and round".
Mike, you old hippie, that's stuff from the early 60s. I remember, but I wonder how many others here got the reference?

mailman
07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Mike, you old hippie, that's stuff from the early 60s. I remember, but I wonder how many others here got the reference?

Hey! I resemble that remark....

SailQwest
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
On an episode of The Family Guy, Peter became obsessed with the song, "Surfin' Bird" (aka "Bird is the Word").

It's the song I sing when I want to annoy people. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

whetu
07-04-2010, 11:55 AM
That Chumbawumba song "I get knocked down, but I get up again... pissin' the night away"

+1 this.

Amazing Grace annoys me, due to the "I'm Yours" effect (i.e. it's beyond overplayed). I think if you sung it off key, in a sarcastic take on the stereotypical "soulful" singing of the song, that would be suitably annoying... though to be fair, some of your crowd may not like you butchering such a 'patriotic' tune.

I also have a particular loathing of Snoopy's Christmas, and Sheryl Crow's unholy cover of "The First Cut is the Deepest"

I asked around my office and had responses ranging from "the song that never ends", "anything by <expletive> Celine Dion", "the chicken dance tune", "the hot dog song" and "I know a song that will get on your nerves"

That last one looks like a winner :D

/edit: and upon researching it, there are variants, so you can mix it up a bit. See the later half of this wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_That_Never_Ends

Chris Tarman
07-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Hey! I know for a fact that Mike is YOUNGER than me, and I was 4 1/2 years old when the '60s ended!

Pippin
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Yep, I remember them, too.

spookefoote
07-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Anything by that squeeky, elastic kneed, pillock Mika!

Pueo
07-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Safety Dance, Flagpole Sitter by Harvey Danger, or how about...

"And *I* would walk five hundred miles and *I* would walk five hundred more..."

jungleturtle
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
My Dog Has Fleas, over & over.

Or Elvira.

seeso
07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Anything by Creed or the Dave Matthews Band. *shudder*

jacothedog
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Robbie Van Winkle's hit song would be extremely annoying.

So much so it would just be too cold to even consider.

haole
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Anything by Creed or the Dave Matthews Band. *shudder*

Weeth haoahrms wahhd hoapuhhn
Hwhoandhuhurr the soonlaiht
Wihlcomb tyou thees plaiyhs
While shyhoah yeeou hevraythang
Weeth haoahrms wahhd hoapuhhn.

StereoJoker
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Weeth haoahrms wahhd hoapuhhn
Hwhoandhuhurr the soonlaiht
Wihlcomb tyou thees plaiyhs
While shyhoah yeeou hevraythang
Weeth haoahrms wahhd hoapuhhn.

For the longest time, I thought those were the actual lyrics.

UncleElvis
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
So I just got the chords for "God Gave Rock And Roll To You", but it started pissing me off before I had gone 'round the chorus progression twice.

First rehearsal tonight. I put it to the director and costar and they narrowed their eyes and sneered at me... which told me I was on ABSOLUTELY the right track!

There's also a line that justifies having a ukulele on stage! Last two people on earth, yeah? He's trying to... you know... see if THAT is an option, then tries the old "Duty to the species" trick. No go. "If we HAD kids, their family tree would look like bamboo." she says. Then the writer (not me, of course, because it would be offensive to our friends from Dixie) has the character make a comment on the myth of inbreeding below the Mason-Dixon Line (which, of course, I'm offended by, but as a lowly actor, what am I to do?), which would be a perfect cue to throw in the opening bit to Duelling Banjos...

Please don't kill me, Southerners....

ukulelezo
07-07-2010, 06:05 AM
House of the Rising Sun. I'm sorry, I just don't like it.

I'd love to see this play! It sounds great. :)

austin1
07-07-2010, 06:21 AM
It's a small, small, world

Repeat over and over again

When I was six, my family went to disney world, and I made my parents go on this ride nine times in a row. To be honest, I'm not sure how I came back from Disney alive.

My annoying song: The Reason, by Hoobastank. Also anything by Lady Gaga. Also anything by Gwen Stefani.

Chris Tarman
07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
House of the Rising Sun. I'm sorry, I just don't like it.

I'd love to see this play! It sounds great. :)

Yeah, but have you heard the version on Dylan's debut album? It predates The Animals' version by 3 or 4 years, and is AMAZING. It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck, it is so intense.

Ingrate
07-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds by William Shantner - LMAO! :)

For me, it's "Mockingbird"

"Mock"..."YEAH!"..."Ing"..."YEAH!"..."Bird"..."YEAH!"...

This would be on the "Syrup of Ipecac" album, if there were one.

I keep an old favorite in mind for when an irrepressible bad song intrudes on my brain. For me, "I'm into something good" by Peter Noone (the Naked Gun mix) works well. Likely, this, too, is on someones "worst" list...

jeff

UncleElvis
07-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Seese!
I'm not threatening, but there's a VERY good chance that I may learn a Creed song...

not for the show, mind... just to annoy you at the minijams! *lol*

Actually... doing it all "uked out", like... like 5 foot 3 style... might be the ONLY way a Creed song would be ok!

Ok.. .I'm TOTALLY learning Higher and doing a tlinka tlinka version! *LOL*

Mim
07-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds by William Shantner - LMAO! :)

For me, it's "Mockingbird"

"Mock"..."YEAH!"..."Ing"..."YEAH!"..."Bird"..."YEAH!"...

This would be on the "Syrup of Ipecac" album, if there were one.

I keep an old favorite in mind for when an irrepressible bad song intrudes on my brain. For me, "I'm into something good" by Peter Noone (the Naked Gun mix) works well. Likely, this, too, is on someones "worst" list...

jeff

JEFF... CAN I STEAL YOUR SYRUP OF IPECAC" idea?!? PLEASE!

Let me explain why you are now a genius to me! My husband's cousin did a CD exchange on her blog. She sends you a mix CD she made and then you send her one back. The problem is I love so much music it is hard to narrow it down. But she is quirky and would LOVE a CD of the most annoying songs ever!!! So I may "use" you guys to fulfill my end of the bargain. It has seriously been like 6 months since I was supposed to send my mix out.

Something to do when I am done with my chores today because I do not feel well...

Ok... back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Ingrate
07-08-2010, 08:15 AM
JEFF... CAN I STEAL YOUR SYRUP OF IPECAC" idea?!? PLEASE!

Help yourself!

jeff

UncleElvis
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Mim...

Get better. Now. That's an order.

ukecantdothat
07-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Pina Colada by Rupert Holmes. Oh, great. Now I got that stuck in my head. Better go grab my trusty Mainland and blast it out with some Marley...

UKISOCIETY
07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Pina Colada by Rupert Holmes. Oh, great. Now I got that stuck in my head. Better go grab my trusty Mainland and blast it out with some Marley...

How about "Timothy" by Holmes. One of the few pop songs written about cannibalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWDNUDaF9Y
Trapped in a mine that had caved in
And everyone knows the only ones left
were Joe and me and Tim
When they broke through to pull us free
The only ones left to tell the tale
were Joe and Me
Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?
Timothy, Tomothy, God why don't I know?
Hungry as hell no food to eat
And Joe said that he would sell his sould\for just a piece of meat
Water enough to drink for two
And Joe said to me I'll take a swig
and then there's some for you.
Timothy, Tomothy, Joe was looking at you
Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do!
It must have been dark that dust down there
cause the very next thing that I could see what the light of the day again
My stomach was full as it could be and nobody ever got around to finding...
Timothy! Timothy, Timothy where on earth did you go:) Timothy Timothy God why don't I know:)

ukecantdothat
07-08-2010, 11:54 AM
How about "Timothy" by Holmes. One of the few pop songs written about cannibalism...
Good call, Alan. You're the only one I know who knows who wrote that. It was written as a joke to get out of a record deal or something, but it became a huge hit despite that! But the request was for the most annoying song, not the most appropriate... ;)

luvdat
07-08-2010, 02:30 PM
How about the "Trololo song" featured in this Star Trek spoof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoWt0wnlUw

A uke cover of this would be...interesting.

spookefoote
07-10-2010, 04:11 AM
How about anything featured in the Lion King

WxyzUkulele
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I was wondering when someone would mention the song "Feelings" ... that used to be synonymous with "bad song" ...

MoreUke
07-11-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbGnspgy_8

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6VHHCrU1sI

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZftK2kO6U

Gillian
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
"Why Don't We Do It In the Road". What a waste of vinyl.

Oh, and anything by Supertramp and Yoko Ono.

ah.clem
07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Freebird...

ah.clem
07-11-2010, 06:29 PM
"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. You can rick-roll the entire audience.

austin1
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
How about anything featured in the Lion King

BLASPHEMY! Really, Disney doesn't totally do it for you?

MtnStateUker73
07-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Achy Breaky Heart

euchre
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
You guys are killing me here... Don't get me started.

Oh, and anything by Supertramp and Yoko Ono.

Let's go ahead and toss Styx/Kansas/Boston/REO Speedwagon in with Supertramp.

Besides theoe groups that routinely make me gag, the following songs off the top of my head have won a well deserved slot on my Do Not Play list:

"Come on Eileen" My number 1 one for years.
"Brown-eyed Girl" Do you remember when we used to sing tra la la la la la la la la la la la la la....ad nauseum
"The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
"Sweet Home Alabama" -- Here in the land of wannabe southern rednecks Skynyrd is easily the most overplayed band.

Someone mentioned Dave Matthews Band earlier. Suggestion: Would someone please replace that guy's violin bow with a handsaw.

Tom

Chris Tarman
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM

Oh jeeze... I had totally forgotten about that song. Thanks a LOT.

Chris Tarman
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Achy Breaky Heart

Yep. That would do it too. I lived in Kentucky the year that song came out, and since B.R.C. was a "local boy" it got played ALL the freaking time.

Chris Tarman
07-14-2010, 12:33 PM

Besides theoe groups that routinely make me gag, the following songs off the top of my head have won a well deserved slot on my Do Not Play list:

"Brown-eyed Girl" Do you remember when we used to sing tra la la la la la la la la la la la la la....ad nauseum
"Sweet Home Alabama" -- Here in the land of wannabe southern rednecks Skynyrd is easily the most overplayed band.

Someone mentioned Dave Matthews Band earlier. Suggestion: Would someone please replace that guy's violin bow with a handsaw.

Tom

Ok, I agree with you on all of these EXCEPT for Kansas. Yes, the Kansas songs that get played on the radio are pretty annoying, but the OTHER stuff is very good. They're great musicians and pretty nice guys. I played in a band that opened for them at a local festival in '98. They were very approachable. Musically, they were the closest thing the U.S. ever produced to Yes or Gabriel-era Genesis. Of course, if you don't like prog in general, then I guess you wouldn't like any of it.
As far as "Sweet Home Alabama" goes, well... yeah... I can't STAND that song. And yet, I have to play it at pretty much every gig I play with the country band I am in. People go totally bonkers when you play it, and it DOES make everyone dance. But seriously, I would rather drill my own teeth. To make it MILDLY interesting, I usually play a slap/funk bass part to it, to be subversive (I'm in a country band, for one thing... and the other is the whole "In Birmingham they loved the governor" part... if that's about what I THINK it's about, then hell yeah I am going to funk that line ALL up!). The ABSOLUTE WORST on-stage moment I have ever had was in a jazz funk band a few years ago. We were playing some benefit thing in Telluride Colorado (a town I LOATHE, btw), and our guitarist breaks into the opening riff of "Sweet Home", and people in the audience went NUTS. Our horn section whirled on him and the whole band shot him the most evil look you have ever seen. So what does he do? He plays it AGAIN. Then people were begging us to play it. We had a 3 piece horn section and no vocalist. But now we were pretty much stuck and had to do it. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. It sounded totally AWFUL. But people still danced and sang all the words, so I guess it was ok. The guitarist kept telling us he was sorry and said "you guys can dock my pay" (which wasn't much to start with, lol). But I'll be damned if he didn't play that riff at the next several gigs. I honestly thought our trumpet player was going to smack him upside the head. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate that song...

ukecantdothat
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM

I have already come;

As long as life endures.

A life of joy and peace.

That's great! I did this song like The Blind Boys From Alabama, using "House of the Rising Sun" music, then reversed it and did "Sun" to the "Grace" music. If you care, here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMULIqEUKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I49PASH_mq4

mealfrog41
07-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Tom

That guy's name is Boyd Tinsley and he is one of my biggest musical influences.

ukecantdothat
07-20-2010, 11:04 AM

TomDude, this is harsh! I can see your point on the classic / redneck rock shizzle (personally I'd have gone w/Free Bird... Love to play it at gigs when some wiseguy shouts it out, and he always does, then stop when it gets to the boring part!), but I have to say I always look forward to Brown Eyed Girl coming up in the set. Those split string harmos are a lot of fun on the uke. Difference of opinion, I guess, plus I'm a HUGE fan of Van Morrison. He sets the bar pretty high. And I wish I could play ANYTHING as well as Boyd Tinsley! Funny comment, though... ;•)

Oh, and it's not "tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-..." ad nauseum, it's "sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-..." ad nauseum.

Russ Sonny Kemner
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
One of the most annoying songs I have ever heard in my life is the song Will Farrel sings in the movie Elf, when his father thinks he is a singing telegram guy and asks him to sing and the reply is "Your my dad and I'm singing, and I love you !!" in a weird monotone impromptu song.

If you type this into the you tube search engine, it will play the song. I couldn't paste the HML, I think it is copyrighted.

Buddy the Elf meets Walter the Dad

mdmcdonald
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, The Answer is Blowin' in the Wind, Both Sides Now. There were so many songs from the seventies that were just ... horrible.

ukecantdothat
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, The Answer is Blowin' in the Wind, Both Sides Now. There were so many songs from the seventies that were just ... horrible.Of course, you are free to find anything annoying, but "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" is a song written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach for the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, winning an Academy Award for Best Original Song. David and Bacharach also won Best Original Score. The version by B. J. Thomas was number one on the Billboard Hot 100... "Blowin' In The Wind"? I don't know if Bob Dylan ever wrote anything "horrible" but again, that's just my opinion! And poor little Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now?" ... a timeless classic! There were many songs from the seventies that do indeed suck, but these were sixties tunes. I get it, but I think you can dig deeper than that... I'll give you "Raindrops" though. :•)

mealfrog41
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Has anyone said Sweet Caroline yet? That's gotta be at the top of my list.

mealfrog41
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Dude, this is harsh! I can see your point on the classic / redneck rock shizzle (personally I'd have gone w/Free Bird... Love to play it at gigs when some wiseguy shouts it out, and he always does, then stop when it gets to the boring part!), but I have to say I always look forward to Brown Eyed Girl coming up in the set. Those split string harmos are a lot of fun on the uke. Difference of opinion, I guess, plus I'm a HUGE fan of Van Morrison. He sets the bar pretty high. And I wish I could play ANYTHING as well as Boyd Tinsley! Funny comment, though... ;•)

Oh, and it's not "tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-..." ad nauseum, it's "sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-..." ad nauseum.

ukecantdothat knows what's up!

haole
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I guess it's finally okay for me to say that "Don't Stop Believin'" is one of my least favorite songs ever written, and Journey is one of my least favorite artists. I can't even enjoy that song ironically. Glee didn't ruin it; Journey ruined it. Everything about it reeks of cheese.

BobN
07-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Stairway.
I can't stand hearing it.

Almost played perfect. Or maybe you can play it perfect, but only when you are alone.

Keef
07-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Annoying? You may be able to find you're winner here http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?33328-I-would-like-you-to-hear-the-only-thing-I-know-so-far :)

euchre
07-21-2010, 01:32 AM

Sorry for stepping on toes. Different strokes... :)

Sha doobie....shattered

ukecantdothat
07-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Sorry for stepping on toes. Different strokes... :)

Sha doobie....shattered

Not at all! Nothing wrong with having different tastes. I love these treads. Sorry if I came off all boo-hooey and pedanticky. Hey, did anyone mention "Midnight At The Oasis" or "Afternoon Delight?" C'mon.. I mean, "Send your camel to bed?" and "Skyrockets in flight?" are you kidding me??? Oh, great. Now that medley's stuck in my head. Where's my Marley. That always works to blast this stuff outta there. Don't nobody be dissin' "No Woman No Cry" now... Ahh... it's workin' already!

ukecantdothat
07-21-2010, 07:11 AM
I guess it's finally okay for me to say that "Don't Stop Believin'" is one of my least favorite songs ever written, and Journey is one of my least favorite artists. I can't even enjoy that song ironically. Glee didn't ruin it; Journey ruined it. Everything about it reeks of cheese.

Oh, yes. Bash away on Journey. I saw them way back when opening up for Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin, when they were a flat out progressive band, before Steve Perry joined and they went all Corporate Rock. I heard "Feelin' That Way" on the radio on my way to work the other day and just cringed at the lyrics. It segues into that "Ooooh, oooh Anytime That You Want Me" bit, which is better, and I remember always thinking I could have done without the "Feelin'.." Hey. "Feelings." Now that is annoying song, but I digress. How over-played is "Don't Stop Believing?" It's everywhere! And you have to wait till the end of the damned thing to get to the chorus!

Melissa82
07-21-2010, 07:12 AM
I guess it's finally okay for me to say that "Don't Stop Believin'" is one of my least favorite songs ever written, and Journey is one of my least favorite artists. I can't even enjoy that song ironically. Glee didn't ruin it; Journey ruined it. Everything about it reeks of cheese.I love that song, lol! My friend and I sing it every week at karaoke.

Fuzzy
07-21-2010, 07:44 AM
How about "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker? Or "Endless Love"?

ukecantdothat
07-21-2010, 08:01 AM
I love that song, lol! My friend and I sing it every week at karaoke.

It is good for that, I must say. They play it every game at Dodger Stadium and the whole place rocks out, singing along to every word. Mostly the chicks. Dudes are too cool for that sentimental tripe (at least we think we are... ;•)

ukecantdothat
07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
How about "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker? Or "Endless Love"?

Thanks. Now you owe me a new keyboard. These just dripped all over it!

ukecantdothat
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
My eight yr old, Daniel, would like to weigh in...
The iCarly Theme Song, and Weird Al's "White and Nerdy"

Really? I asked him if he's heard the song that Yankovic is spoofing, and he said,"No. He's making fun of another song? Can I hear it on YouTube? What's it called" and I start back pedaling as fast as I can cuz the song is "Ridin' Dirty," quite explicit. "Well, it might be hard to find and I don't want to go on YouTube right now. I gotta go to work in a bit, and there's something I need to do here on UU." "What, Daddy? What do have to do on UU?" "I gotta... find out about some cables... and, uhhh... Ken Middleton's got a string test I need to see... and, ummm... Hun??? I gotta go to work, don't let Daniel go to YouTube while I'm gone. I'll explain later..." Parenting is a joy!

Keef
07-22-2010, 04:40 AM
maybe a good entry would be the one in my sig. the batman song its the only song I know of that only says one thing BATMAN!!!

jacothedog
07-22-2010, 06:15 AM
#1) Cheeseburger in paradise
#2) Insert random song here by the unmentionable artist who wrote #1

GaryC1968
07-22-2010, 06:47 AM

I know this is probably a stupid question, but why "the unmentionable artist"?

ukecantdothat
07-22-2010, 07:13 AM

I used to hate playing "Margeritaville." The band I'm in currently plays a lot of "island" music, so this was a natural choice - easy to play - instant crowd pleaser (especially after the crowd has had a "few" if you know what I mean). Then I got the brilliant idea to change the words to "Strummin' my FOUR string / On my front porch swing." I think it flows better, anyway. Then suddenly, "Hey, it's not so bad after all!"

ukecantdothat
07-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but why "the unmentionable artist"?

Not a stupid question at all! The answer may surprise you though. You see, there are certain names, like "Voldemort" for Harry Potterheads for example, that are just so terrible and evil as to be unthinkable to utter, or in this case perhaps, even type on a computer keyboard for fear that something horrible will befall them. Sometimes, though, the same can be said if the name in question is so revered, like God's "true" name, that Yahweh or Jehova or Adonai is substituted so the faithful have a way to refer to the High Being in conversation. It is unclear which side the poster falls on, but from the context I'm guessing the former.

RevWill
07-22-2010, 08:04 AM
And therein lies the problem with threads like this. Invariably one person names a song or artist that they find intolerably irritating, and it's someone else's favorite in the whole wide world.

I have nearly poked finger-holes in my car radio switching stations because Journey came on. I hate even thinking about Journey, because those guys left the great SANTANA to do THAT. But other people here love 'em.

And I'm sure I love plenty of music some of you are sick to death of.

Do I have a point? Not really. I'm just rambling now.

ukecantdothat
07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
And therein lies the problem with threads like this. Invariably one person names a song or artist that they find intolerably irritating, and it's someone else's favorite in the whole wide world.

I have nearly poked finger-holes in my car radio switching stations because Journey came on. I hate even thinking about Journey, because those guys left the great SANTANA to do THAT. But other people here love 'em.

Actually, Reverend, that's what makes threads like these so interesting! You'll see Burt Bacharach, Bob Dylan, AND Joni Mitchell bashed in one post! That's fantastic. Different strokes, I guess. Yes was even thrown under the bus! Yes, Yes! As far as Journey, I was never a big fan after Steve Perry joined, preferring the fusion they played before that. That line up toured with Santana when he went all fusiony as a soloist and with John McLaughlin and changed his name to Davadip, or whatever that was. Neil Schon had to glad to be out of that shadow. But again, I digress. Here's a good one:

"The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot.

PS: Watch those fingers, Rev. You can always get a new radio, but think of what would happen to your strumming finger when Styx comes on again with "Babe"...

UncleElvis
07-22-2010, 08:29 AM

And I find Santana to be like the annoying uncle at a singalong party who insists on singing the harmony. He nails it, but it's just so... We get it. You can do.. that. You don't have to do it ALL THE TIME.

ukecantdothat
07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
And I find Santana to be like the annoying uncle at a singalong party who insists on singing the harmony. He nails it, but it's just so... We get it. You can do.. that. You don't have to do it ALL THE TIME.

See? Look, Rev... Even Carlos gets ripped a new one! Carlos! That to me is more facinating than me saying "Hot Legs" is the most annoying, with it's "I love ya hun-aaaay" tag. Duh. It doesn't take a creative mind to say Jethro Tull jumped the shark with "Bungle In The Jungle" but throwin' Carlos under the bus is pure gold. BTW... Am I the only one on the planet who likes "My Sharona?"

MarySue
07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Scissor Sisters cover of "Comfortably Numb"

Or Bananaphone.

Chris Tarman
07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
See? Look, Rev... Even Carlos gets ripped a new one! Carlos! That to me is more facinating than me saying "Hot Legs" is the most annoying, with it's "I love ya hun-aaaay" tag. Duh. It doesn't take a creative mind to say Jethro Tull jumped the shark with "Bungle In The Jungle" but throwin' Carlos under the bus is pure gold. BTW... Am I the only one on the planet who likes "My Sharona?"

I always hated "My Sharona" until we played it in a band I was in a few years ago. We really worked hard to nail every little nuance of it, and I was surprised to find that it HAD nuances. I ended up REALLY enjoying playing it, and audiences loved it!
Hey, man! Back off on the Jethro Tull! Just kidding.... I love Tull, and have seen them seven or eight times. I actually really LIKE Bungle in the Jungle, and I don't think they jumped the shark until Crest of a Knave. Pretty much from then on, Ian Anderson seemed to give up on trying to write interesting lyrics. They still kick ass live though! I saw them at Red Rocks on their 40th anniversary tour a couple of years ago, and they were still excellent.

jacothedog
07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry - not trying to attack the thread, just answering the original question. Uke hit it on the head with his answer as to why the artist is unmentionable for me.

I won't get into why he utterly disgusts me, but I have no disrespect if any of you like his music, as I have no reasoning for that.

Chris Tarman
07-22-2010, 12:49 PM
My eight yr old, Daniel, would like to weigh in...
The iCarly Theme Song, and Weird Al's "White and Nerdy"

Really? I asked him if he's heard the song that Yankovic is spoofing, and he said,"No. He's making fun of another song? Can I hear it on YouTube? What's it called" and I start back pedaling as fast as I can cuz the song is "Ridin' Dirty," quite explicit. "Well, it might be hard to find and I don't want to go on YouTube right now. I gotta go to work in a bit, and there's something I need to do here on UU." "What, Daddy? What do have to do on UU?" "I gotta... find out about some cables... and, uhhh... Ken Middleton's got a string test I need to see... and, ummm... Hun??? I gotta go to work, don't let Daniel go to YouTube while I'm gone. I'll explain later..." Parenting is a joy!

Your kid thinks "White and Nerdy" is annoying??? Man, what is WRONG with him? Seriously, you ought to take him to see Weird Al live if you get the chance. I've seen him three times, and it is UNBELIEVABLE. One of my coworkers went with my wife and I a couple of years ago and took his 8-year old son, who LOVED it. Honestly, of all the concerts I have seen, I would put any one of the 3 Weird Al shows in the top 5. Seriously. The only shows that spring to mind that would top it were Rush in '02 and Paul McCartney in '05. And I have seen quite a few concerts. Weird Al is a good 2 1/2 hours of non-stop hilarity and amazing music. His band is incredible and can sound like ANYONE. His guitarist is apparently a pretty well-respected ukulele player. I heard him co-hosting a uke podcast a while back (although I can't remember which one).

RevWill
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
PS: Watch those fingers, Rev. You can always get a new radio, but think of what would happen to your strumming finger when Styx comes on again with "Babe"...

See, now you are just backing up my belief Journey and Styx are empirically bad and that sensitive laboratory instruments have deemed it so, but the MAN has covered it up.

I like My Sharona, but Good Girls Don't is a better song IMO. I don't mind some Tull, even Bungle. Santana is generally great but he has put out some dreck as well, and I'm Winning is a great example of that.

What makes this thread particularly interesting is that no one has taken serious offense to anyone's critique of stuff they love. Folks can get bent out of shape on the innerwebs, and you're not seeing that here. Proof that UU is the best place on the net.

jacothedog
07-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Folks can get bent out of shape on the innerwebs, and you're not seeing that here. Proof that UU is the best place on the net.

Well said, Mr. Roboto... very well said.

Chris Tarman
07-22-2010, 05:41 PM
See, now you are just backing up my belief Journey and Styx are empirically bad and that sensitive laboratory instruments have deemed it so, but the MAN has covered it up.

I like My Sharona, but Good Girls Don't is a better song IMO. I don't mind some Tull, even Bungle. Santana is generally great but he has put out some dreck as well, and I'm Winning is a great example of that.

What makes this thread particularly interesting is that no one has taken serious offense to anyone's critique of stuff they love. Folks can get bent out of shape on the innerwebs, and you're not seeing that here. Proof that UU is the best place on the net.

Actually, really really OLD Styx is kind of cool. Sort of like Free with Emerson Lake and Palmer organ sounds. Actually, I can't think of who they sound like. Nothing like the POPULAR Styx. A guitarist I know said they reminded him of Spooky Tooth, but I've never heard them.

MissJonib
07-22-2010, 05:49 PM
What about working whipping out It'S NOT UNUSUAL? That would grate on the nerves of an ex pretty easily...

brunette_moment
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl ..

Chris Tarman
07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl ..

Oh bloody hell...

ukecantdothat
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Your kid thinks "White and Nerdy" is annoying??? Man, what is WRONG with him? Seriously, you ought to take him to see Weird Al live if you get the chance...He's eight. That seems to be the problem with most things where he's concerned, so I cut him some slack... or try to... He likes to go to youtube to watch tips and tricks for his video games, and one vid was using "White and Nerdy" as the track, so I said, "I bet that's Weird Al," and sure enough... We watched the Al vid and I almost peed my pants! Great stuff. Then he catches me on UU laughing about what's the most annoying song and says to put up "Nerdy." I said I thought he liked that song and he says, "Not anymore. I've heard it like a million times now." Which brings up an interesting point. Some of the annoying factor is because of the fact that we've heard it over and over and enough is enough! Like if I were to hear "Lady In Red" for the first time right now, I might just think that was a really great song... Or... I might just take an ice pick and jam it into one ear right out the other.

didgeridoo2
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
my wife said it's whatever song I happen to be working on at the moment...

ukecantdothat
07-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Ahh... You must be working on "Sometimes When We Touch" at the moment...

didgeridoo2
07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah. Who is she to judge me??

Jerlial Prophet
07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't they blast "these boots are made for walking" at a building when they try to force people out when they refuse to leave?

Chris Tarman
07-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spookefoote
07-24-2010, 05:00 AM
My Achy Breaky Heart by Smiley Sickbag's dad Silly Ray Bagpuss

dans003
08-01-2010, 10:45 PM
it's a small world
although here's a fact that makes me like the song more (or slightly puts me off the uke, if you're being negative - i'm positive ;))
at disneyland paris, in the ride where you go around at snails pace for 5 mins, while this song is being pumped out, when you get to a certain part there are people playing this on ukuleles, that made my day:)

ah.clem
10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
A guitarist I know said they reminded him of Spooky Tooth, but I've never heard them.

Wow, does that bring back memories like a bad acid flash! I used to see Spooky Tooth and Alice Cooper for 2 bucks about once a month at university (along with 50 cent beers). Spooky Tooth was great, Alice Cooper was like watching a 7 car accident; I couldn't look away even though I was completely weirded out. Great theatre, though. He could really do up a show... I was standing in front of the risers one night at the end of a show and the band ripped open a bunch of feather pillows and used CO2 extinguishers to blow them all over the crowd; man, I could hardly breathe from the feathers I inhaled that night! What a hoot! Thanks for the memory dredge!