Dream a Little Dream of Me

NatalieS

Reaction score
This is one of the first songs I learned on uke. Featuring my Pono mango sprucetop that traveled from Hawaii --> Japan --> Alabama over the years to get to me!

P.S. I'd just woken up from a nap, so my voice is pretty foggy.

Sweet singing and playing! Thanks!

Aloha NatalieS,
It's one of my favorites too, and you sing it soo sweet too, also your sweet playing of
the ukulele... Many thanks for the video, enjoyed very much!!!
Btw- Your ukulele is a seasoned traveler, and we've got a seasoned ukulele player and singer!!!!
"Keep sending these videos" until next time , Take care and Mahalo and Aloha... MM Stan...

I'm delighted to hear you. Such a lovely sound.

I like that chord progression....would you mind sharing it?

Natalie, what a lovely voice. Excellent job! Keep the videos coming.
Regards,
Ray

I like that chord progression....would you mind sharing it?
I agree. The progression was so nice I had to work them up. Hope you don't mind Natalie. Here are the chords.
Regards,
Ray

Low G Tuning

Intro and verse 1, 2
F E7 Bbm7 C7
F D7
Bb Bbm6
F Bbm7 C7

Verse 3
F E7 Bbm7 C7
F D7
Bb Bbm6
F Bbm7 C7 F A7

Bridge
D Em7 A7
D Em7 A7
D Em7 A7
D Bbm7 C7

Verse 4
F E7 Bbm7 C7
F D7
Bb Bbm6
F Bbm7 C7 F F7
Bb Bbm6
F Bbm7 C7 F

Thanks everyone! Raygf, the chords you posted are very close to what I play. I'll try to find the online sheet music I used.

(Edit: Found it! This is the version I learned, from Dr. Uke: http://www.doctoruke.com/dreamalittledreamofme.pdf
Instead of C#7 I played Bbm7, and I usually leave out the Am7-5 chords.)

And yes, it's a tenor, tuned low G. Any suggestion for new strings? My Worth clears are getting kind of old and dull.

Last edited:
Natalie,
I just restrung my Kala Travel Tenor with Freemont Black Line Low G and they are very nice. From time to time I try low G and have not enjoyed it much, but I'm liking these strings on the Kala Travel. I plan on posting a short video with it and my Kala Acacia tenor for a new friend who asked about them. The Acacia is strung with high g Aquila and I want to restring it with some Worth Clears, but not right now. I like Aquilas, but only on certain ukes. They seem too stiff on the Acacia tenor, but i wouldn't have anything else on my flukes and flea. My Pono Tenor has Worth Clears in B tuning.
Regards,
Ray

I also missed the Bm7 in the bridge. I like the way the Bm7 sounds when I play the D with the first string 5th fret before it. I also like the way the Bbm7 sounds as a substitute for the C#7. Thanks again for posting the tune.

Thank you raygf and Natalie for the chords. I have a couple versions of this song, but I really liked this one.

Top Bottom