Covey Aetherius 6 string waterfall bubinga

locust19@hotmail.com

Reaction score
no its not a uke but it is a small instrument...if you want something completely different and loads of fun then look no further. the tone is ethereal harplike quality. Short scale length high strung tuned to "D" models - 13 fret connection. (17-3/4" to 19" scale). this one is the beautiful waterfall bubinga one that is posted on his website.

it has a 3 pc mortise/tenon neck two way truss rod rosewood finger board and bridge
bone nut/saddle
in beautiful shape. it has a semi hardshell(nylon)case constructed from a guitar case that works fine.
http://coveysguitars.com/biography.html
900+shipping

4023240586_2df651baff_b.jpg

4022486867_70534779a2_b.jpg

4022491003_3116a19462_b.jpg

contact me at locust19@hotmail.com

Do you have a sound sample?

Is it nylon or steel strung?

So this would be like capo'ing a guitar at which fret? When you say D tuning, are you talking in terms of ukulele tuning or guitar tuning (where C tuning is the standard tuning for a uke, and E tuning is the standard tuning for a guitar)?

In either case, it sounds like we're talking about almost an octave over standard guitar tuning - can it be tuned down to a lower pitch, or does it need th super high pitch ot sound good?

Many thanks!

the thing is completely cool. it is steel strung and supposed to be tuned from a to a as a guitar capoed at the 5th fret. sounds completely magical. personally i like to tune the two high strings in unison to give it a mandolin flare. it does not sound good in standard however. i wouldn't sell it but i came across a terz that i just love.
this is a steal at this price for a hand made exotic wood steel strung instrument.
i do however think 2200 is steep for it.
i am not sure i have a good way to record a sound sample. i also would be unsure how to post such.

the case a modified mars music guitar case with the nylon outsides and the foam inserts similar to the lanikai cases that are floating about. i opened the lining and place custom foam to fit the instrument to keep it from moving in the case. then i just put the lining back down. fits perfectly like a glove but it is a guitar sized case.

Last edited:
of course about as far away as possible...i am in atlanta.
i highly doubt you would be disappointed.
i have owned many high end guitars including over 15 lowdens, a mcollum, mcalister, martins and a few others. i have just recently got into the uke world and have really enjoyed them. i just love the little instruments that sound nice and this one is no exception.
well worth 900.
email me at locust19@hotmail.com for more

People have expressed an interest in hearing what it sounds like. If you have any sort of digital camera at all, you could make a short video of yourself playing it and post that video on YouTube. It's difficult for people to plunk down that kind of money on an instrument they can't even see in action, let alone see in person. If you really want to sell this instrument here, you ought to post a video instead of just bumping this thread every now and then.

ah a video-that is not a bad idea i do think i could arange that but it still won't capture the sound completely.
...and imagine plunking down 2100 for a new one...

...and imagine plunking down 2100 for a new one...

That's not really how people think when they're being asked to spend lots of money. unless soemone's had a personal expreience with a bubinga, he or she is not going to know whether it's worth $900 to own one, and the fact that other bubingas might cost $2,100 new doesn't really matter. Would you pay $9,000 for a used car if you've never heard of the model and don't know how it drives simply because a new one costs $21,000? Just sayin'.

not disagreeing with you but watching a video of someone driving that same car is not the same as driving it either.
still a bargain nonetheless

Top Bottom