Sophie Madeleine spreads some ukulele love

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just came across Sophie Madeleine's recent video project, in which she recruits ukulele players from all over the world to help her perform her adorable song, "You Are My Favourite" from her "Love.Life.Ukulele" CD.

The song is a total earworm and it's lots of fun to play. A "Sophie only" version of the song is avalable, along with a separate backing track so people can record their own versions of the song, at http://sophiemadeleine.bandcamp.com/ (proceeds from song sales go to a charity called McMillan Cancer Support), and the sheet music is available at http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/FavouriteChords.pdf.

YAY for Michelle! Glad she took part in that. Anybody else on UU in this fun video?

And didn't that long-haired guy sound a lot like James Taylor?

YAY for Michelle! Glad she took part in that. Anybody else on UU in this fun video?

Cool! Which player was Michelle?

It turns out that many of the participants have posted their own full version of "You Are My Favourite" on YouTube, including that guy (John) and his daughter (Ruby).

Last edited:
This tweet on Sophie Madeleine's Twitter page made my day:

"I'd like to thank the random stranger on the underground for recognising me and saying that he likes my music. Made my journey much nicer!"

That was one of the coolest videos I've ever seen. I love what Sophie's doing and that she finds humor in her art, doing things like this and playing kazoo, etc..

I hope her success continues as it will be good for the uke!

Absolutely great stuff....love seeing all the different interpretations.

And the chords are?

And the chords are?

Here are the chords, in two different (G-C-E-A and F-Bb-D-G) tunings.

And here's the instructional video, which explains why there are chords in F-Bb-D-G tuning (it's much easier to play).

And here's the story behind the video project:

tumblr_l645ng8QTo1qbjmwa

Last edited:
Stumblin' into these Sophie videos and links... CooL Sweet Stuff... lovin' it lots!! :cool:

Top Bottom