Fender Pa'ina Update

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I returned yesterday from a week's vacation in the north Georgia mountains. I took my Pa'ina with me and we got lots of play time together. I've gotten over my initial disappointment and have grown quite fond of it (it really wasn't the 'uke that disappointed to begin with, only the description).

Since returning yesterday I dressed and polished the frets, lowered the action to my preference at the nut and saddle, cleaned and oiled the board and bridge, repaired a chip in the side of the fretboard by the nut, and installed a new set of Ko'olau 'Alohi strings. I had already installed a strap button on the heel so all that's left is to find a good case for it for gig transport.

So all turned out well. I'm very happy with the tone and feel of this 'uke and will get much use out of it.

That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Where did you go for vacation?

We stayed at Sky Valley just up the mountain from Dillard. It's only 6 miles from Dillard, GA, but what I found interesting is that we had to enter and exit N. Carolina 3 times to get there because of the winding road through the mountains. Very beautiful area.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Even though the description was horribly wrong, I think the price was probably about right for what you got.

How do you like those Alohi strings? I'm thinking about ordering a set myself.

We stayed at Sky Valley just up the mountain from Dillard. It's only 6 miles from Dillard, GA, but what I found interesting is that we had to enter and exit N. Carolina 3 times to get there because of the winding road through the mountains. Very beautiful area.

Yes, It is really nice up there. I've spent a lot of time in Clayton, GA. Not too far from there...

Aloha Kevin,
I'm glad to hear you had a great time, and with your fender Pa'ina and you've got over the initial
dissapointment and warmed up to it...I'm sure that you was just disappointed with the seller more
than the ukulele. I think you both must have connected during your vacation because when you got back, you gave it special attention afterwards.....nice story and a happy ending....
Aloha, and "Keep strumming them strings"" Ukuleles are forever!!! MM Stan..

I have the cheapest fender, and I really do love it.
It sounds gorgeous and is ridiculously comfortable, the stock strings where poor though, the wound C came away on its own in the bag over night (I'd assume to all the stretching i gave it when trying to tune it) so a set of aquila's where in order. Anybody purchasing a Fender, I'd recommend getting new strings instantly!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Even though the description was horribly wrong, I think the price was probably about right for what you got.

How do you like those Alohi strings? I'm thinking about ordering a set myself.

I figured the same on the price...and in its present condition I think it's worth more.

I like the strings, but am still in the stretching phase. Only the second day with them. They seem like they'll be just fine at this point.

Top Bottom