Martin OXK Review

It really does rock. When you have a chance play one. You will not believe that it is a Martin

Thanks for this review. I had no idea there was a new Martin in the works.

Just picked up my 0XK this week. My first "real" uke. So far I LOVE it!

Bill

I love my 0XK, too. They're lots of fun, aren't they? It's heavier than some of my others, but it sounds super.

My 0XK update

Here's an update now that I've had my 0XK for a few weeks..

A couple of days ago I went back to the shop where I bought my Martin looking for a hard case (they didn't have anything I really liked) and figured I'd check out their other ukes while I was there. Well, NOTHING under $350 played or sounded as nice as the 0XK. (The closest was a Martin S1.) All the $200 or less instruments felt/played/sounded cheap by comparison. I'm super happy with my purchase and recommend the 0XK for anyone looking for a reasonably priced instrument.

While I realize I could have internet-ordered something from one of the uke specialty vendors, I'm happy to have bought locally and supported my local instrument shop.

Cheers,

Bill
Webster NH

I had bought a couple of them and thought they were pretty cool and fun. I work in an industry that is very involved in laminates so I had a bit of a Personal stake in how they were constructed and how they sound. I like 'em and hope they expand the range of sizes available.

I just got a preowned OXK and I love it. If you are a Martin soprano fan
you need one of these. Plays great ,sounds great ( not as bright as solid wood) but this is the uke that can go anywhere. I don't have to worry about humidity, my grandchildren can play with it, it has that great Martin neck, I love it. If you are looking for a great travel uke, a great outdoor uke, great first uke, or just a great uke, this is it. Did I say I like it?

Top Bottom