Jus got my musician's friend catalog....sum ukuleles

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha All,
Luna Pineapple Soprano/with haw'n Niho noho designs on the soundboard $69.00 #583537
Martin Soprano OXK $279.00 #423492
Lanikai soprano LU-21 $64.00 # 512519
Lanikai Concert LU-21C $89.00 #512521
Ibanez Iceman UIC 10...Guitar shaped ukulele$149.00 # 584518..
Check em out, they look intresting..

Man, they stopped sending me those! Maybe it's b/c they realized that I was just using it as bathroom reading material and not buying anything. I loved their catalogs though. So much sool stuff in there.

I didn't see the Iceman in my Musician's Friend...? Eh maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...I try not to look at them because I always end up buying something.

Glad to see MF expanding their ukulele brands beyond Oscar Schmidt, Rogue and Johnson ukulele models. I've been eye-balling that Lanikai zebrawood tenor! VeRy CooL... :cool:

Guitar Center has also increased their in-store ukes but is still limited to Fender and Cordoba. On their website, the listing includes Martin, Ibanez, FleaMarket (Flea, Fluke), Mitchell, Applause (Ovation), and Lanikai.

Guitar Center has also increased their in-store ukes but is still limited to Fender and Cordoba. On their website, the listing includes Martin, Ibanez, FleaMarket (Flea, Fluke), Mitchell, Applause (Ovation), and Lanikai.
I was in a local Guitar Center a month or so ago and there wasn't a single uke in the store! And the sales"kid" looked at me like I had two heads for asking about them. I think I'll stick with Acoustic Music or MGM for my uke purchases!

GC goes through them a lot, but those Mitchell's are pretty iffy. I have yet to play one that is holds tuning up the neck (bad bridge) but the MU-70 does look pretty and has a nice tone to it. The one near me sells Laniaki's and last time I was there they had a really nice low-level soprano that I sold to a person upgrading from a Mahalo. So I made a sale, basically, but no comission (ha-ha). But it was nicely set up and the customer was, not to sound arrogant, but lucky to find one who could steer her towards a good one. Mike

The one near me sells Laniaki's and last time I was there they had a really nice low-level soprano that I sold to a person upgrading from a Mahalo. So I made a sale, basically, but no comission (ha-ha). But it was nicely set up and the customer was, not to sound arrogant, but lucky to find one who could steer her towards a good one.

That was quite nice of ya to offer assistance to a uke newbie in choosing the next uke. I did the same for a guy shopping for a low end uke at a local mom-and-pop music store. He doesn't play and wanted an opinion on a Kala soprano uke he had selected. I played the uke so he could hear it, and offered that it was playable and a good deal. I also pointed out the concert and tenor ukes and explained the differences. He was happy to have someone take time to answer his questions and play the uke. He bought the Kala soprano and walked out with a smile. Like you, no commission... but lots of pleasure in helping someone join the ukulele community.

musicians friend has lots of good stuff, but i usually end up steering clear of them to order but mainly because their warehouse and base of operations is in salt lake. basically, if i order from them, i end up paying a ton just to ship it 2 cities. it's not worth it to me. now, if they had an actual store, i'd probably go visit.

I was in a local Guitar Center a month or so ago and there wasn't a single uke in the store! And the sales"kid" looked at me like I had two heads for asking about them. I think I'll stick with Acoustic Music or MGM for my uke purchases!

what store was it? was it the piano gallery? i noticed they stopped selling ukes recently for some reason. other than that, all other music stores i've been to here in utah all have ukes. acoustic music is a great store. the guy who runs that knows lots about ukes!! too bad it's all the way down town slc.

what store was it? was it the piano gallery? i noticed they stopped selling ukes recently for some reason. other than that, all other music stores i've been to here in utah all have ukes. acoustic music is a great store. the guy who runs that knows lots about ukes!! too bad it's all the way down town slc.

Aloha Jason, It was the Guitar Center on Redwood Road & just off I-215. I wasn't impressed.

Aloha Jason, It was the Guitar Center on Redwood Road & just off I-215. I wasn't impressed.

that's sad. i doubt i'll be visiting that store any time soon then. they and day murray music (piano gallery) are totally missing out. i remember when we bought our piano, the piano gallery (the actual music store had a different name) had several ukes along with their other instruments. maybe they thought it wasn't worth their time. i know another guitar store here in orem says they now sell more ukes than most of their non-guitar instruments combined. they guy said they sell on average more in one day than they used to sell in a month. and all they have is kala and makala.

Actually they have two different pages in that catalog, july2010
and on another page they have page 74...hace total of three concerts
by Ibanez...quilted maple..149.00cutaway, and spalted mango cutaway
concert 169.00...other page 87, is with the oother ukes
MM Stan..

Top Bottom