Playing uke in traffic

I once jammed to Europe's Final Countdown on uke at a really long traffic light intersection cos i had it playing in my stereo. best! lol

Not to be a wet blanket, but as a cyclist I often notice that drivers who do stuff like texting (haven't seen an ukulele player yet) at red lights frequently pull into traffic when the light turns green without first observing the situation around them, which often includes cyclists who have the right of way but are vulnerable to drivers who didn't see them get there. So my request would be that whatever you do that isn't watching traffic and changes in circumstances while the light's red, please look around when the light turns green before moving. Thanks!

Not to be a wet blanket, but as a cyclist I often notice that drivers who do stuff like texting (haven't seen an ukulele player yet) at red lights frequently pull into traffic when the light turns green without first observing the situation around them, which often includes cyclists who have the right of way but are vulnerable to drivers who didn't see them get there. So my request would be that whatever you do that isn't watching traffic and changes in circumstances while the light's red, please look around when the light turns green before moving. Thanks!
Please note on Victoria Vox's vid you must be 18 to view it for the same reasons.....go figure.

I saw an awesome church sign the other day.

Honk if you love Jesus, text and drive if you want to meet him.

If I ever get the desire to go to church...it will be that one. In winter they had a sign up that said 'Think warm thoughts, and whoever is praying for snow can stop now' right after the huge blizzard we had.

Anyway, I hope this was said in jest...but either way I am staying away from Atlanta. :p

I saw an awesome church sign the other day.

Honk if you love Jesus, text and drive if you want to meet him.

:p

My favorite sign at a church was "This is your sign from God".

Speaking of signs and autos, my Father owned a Car Dealership and on the wall it said "Best way to get on your feet, miss two car payments." also " Every car sold here was sold new originally." I will stop now. Perhaps it's best to only play while at drive thrus

I'm not coordinated enough to eat while driving, let alone play ukulele. But the traffic here is ridiculous and it's not uncommon to run into a situation so bad that you can shut off the engine for a couple minutes. That's when I uke in the car.

I used to keep a beater on the dash of my truck for awhile.
I wish they would outlaw cellphone driving here, it's terrible.

They passed a cell phone law here in CA, but it did little to discourage cell phone use while driving.
I have played uke while STOPPED in traffic on an LA Freeway. Road rage is a common event and the ukulele seems to make other drivers smile.
Wonder if anyone is working on a bluetooth/hands free ukulele?

I've played in the car. Granted it was in the passenger seat and was in a parking lot. My wife ran into the store to pick something up and I was playing for the kids. Of course they were yelling for me to stop after a few minutes. I guess this doesn't count.

My favorite sign at a church was "This is your sign from God".
My favourite church signs are always the ones that say "Closed due to lack of interest" lol.

I too am a Cyclist (Iin UK) and agree that motorists stopped at red lights are dangerous enough as it is. I cycle to work every day and despite my town having an extensive network of cycle lanes I take my life in my hands every single day. People regularly turn across cycle lanes without indicating or drive right along the cycle lanes. I could go on.

I would probably go to the extent that if I did see someone playing Uke at the wheel, even of a stationery car at a junction, I would report them. (unless they gave me their Uke that is!).

Ian.

The second thread I started here, last year, called "Driving Under The Influence (of a uke)" or something like that, got me into a world of hurt because I was opposed to this. As a newbie, I used some harsh words in my criticism of such practices, and apologized for it, but I stand by my beliefs. As a recent victim of a stroke, I can't tell you how lucky I feel to be here at all, and implore anybody who plays while the vehicle is in danger of causing risk to life and limb, either your own or others', to reconsider. It ain't worth it.

Top Bottom