A first attempt at Jake Shimabukuro's 'In My Life'! Be gentle! =)

happyslappysoong

Reaction score
Daniel, this is really good! You should definitely keep posting more videos. This is not an easy one to do and you have really good tone and musicality. Mike

Here's some feedback: n00b my arse! :)
Spoken like a true New Zealander! I agree with you though, wish i could play like that as a nOOb.
Nice job dude, how did you learn it? was it of off tab?

Here's some feedback: n00b my arse! That was extremely well done.

I guess if I had to nitpick, I suppose I'd say you need better recording on your audio... that's about it :)

Thank you Whetu! My Uke has got an active pickup though for somereason the output level is really low so its unfortunately unreliable =(

Daniel, this is really good! You should definitely keep posting more videos. This is not an easy one to do and you have really good tone and musicality. Mike

Thank you Lambchop =) I just finished Jake's arrangement of Thriller by MJ, im so excited to share with you guys later on today =)

Spoken like a true New Zealander! I agree with you though, wish i could play like that as a nOOb.
Nice job dude, how did you learn it? was it of off tab?

Thanks Eroll! I most definitely learnt it by tab. Here's a link to the PDF =)
http://dominator.ukeland.com/Images/in_my_life.pdf

that was great. like Mike said, you have great musicality. I've seen some people that start right off learning one of jake's songs and I can't watch/listen to the whole thing. Your's is definitely top notch.

Thanks RyRod, really appreciate the comment. There is SO much to learn in terms of feel and technique with his music, even if they aren't always technically challenging!

Thanks for the link Happy, I'm off to have another listen, got to get it into my head before I even attempt the tabs.

Top Bottom