How Many UUers are in Bands?

blizz79

Reaction score
Im new to the board and was just wondering how many UU'ers are in bands, whether you play uke in the band or not?

Ill start!

I play upright bass in a band called Rojos Calientes (www.rojoscalientes.com). We call our genera of music "Latin Grass".

I'm in two bands :D

One with no name yet, i play keyboard.
and the other named Arguably Jesus, I play uke! :)

It's great playing music together isn't it?

I'm in two bands. My heavy screamo band i play bass in is called the Understatement. www.myspace.com/theunderstatementrock

I also play in an acoustic trio playing original progressive instrumental music. Here's one of our songs

3.13 for Uke shred solo. hehe

I love music!

Last edited:
I'm in a band. The Barefoot Wahines. We're an all women tropical rock band that specializes in Hawaiian music. I play uke, flute and steel drums. Myspace link in my sig.

I play uke and accordion in a balkan band called Baksheesh. Melodeon, guitar and whistle in a Irish band called Tabuka. Accordion and melodica in a Klezmer band and electric bass in a Punk Rock cover band. I also teach classes at festivals occasionally etc in the school holidays and weekends on Melodeon and Accordion and play for European folk dance groups when invited, all over Europe and the UK.

At work we have a ukulele orchestra, ukulele group (60 in the school altogether), Samba Band, Rock School, Ceilidh Band and Ska Band. I also occasionally sing with the choir and play bass in the swing band.

I play uke and accordion in a balkan band called Baksheesh. Melodeon, guitar and whistle in a Irish band called Tabuka. Accordion and melodica in a Klezmer band and electric bass in a Punk Rock cover band. I also teach classes at festivals occasionally etc in the school holidays and weekends on Melodeon and Accordion and play for European folk dance groups when invited, all over Europe and the UK.

At work we have a ukulele orchestra, ukulele group (60 in the school altogether), Samba Band, Rock School, Ceilidh Band and Ska Band. I also occasionally sing with the choir and play bass in the swing band.

When do you have time to WORK???

I play bass in a country (and some rock) band, which is kind of amusing to me since I don't really LISTEN to country and have never heard the original versions of most of the songs we do. We gig about once a month. I play bass and uke (on only one song so far) in a weird eclectic rock band called "The Stupid Band". They've been together for about 25 years, but I've been with them for about 7. We do a whopping TWO gigs a year (Halloween and Earth Day). I used to play in a couple of others as well, but only on bass.

I play in a little garage band. Play the uke. Mainly we have lots of fun playing old jazz blues songs.

I've played in country and rock bands since the 70s. Most recently (last year) I was playing lead guitar and doing vocals in a folk/rock trio, performing cover songs ranging from Steve Earle to Robert Earl Keen, from the Beach Boys to the Beatles, from Hank Williams Sr. to Hank Williams Jr., and from U2 to Steppenwolf. An eclectic mix of musicalities!!

I play at open mics in Nashville when I'm in town, doing original songs in solo performance but in a round of writers.

I'm not playing the uke in a band, but I look forward to doing so when the opportunity arises. I'm performing 3 songs solo on the ukulele in a Beatles tribute - with 10 other artists and bands - at a local Borders store this weekend.

2 bands and I use ukulele in both - but mainly guitar. One is an acoustic duo playing beer gardens and festivals,
the other is a church group ranging from electric guitars with drums to uke to acoustic to classical guitar.

Last edited:
I'm in a two-piece experimental instrumental "band" called Pokey & Skeeter. When we have other people jam with us, we're Pokey & Skeeter & Friends. Between the two of us, we play everything (guitar, bass, drums, ukulele, sequencing, etc). We have commitment issues.

I have been in bands since I was 15..I kick myself for not having a uke back in the days when I was just a lead singer...it would have done a whole lot for my sanity. Also, though I can technically play guitar and bass, I am not very good at it..
Um..howyousay...
I am in a band called Organ Failure where I play the uke..
http://www.organfailure.org
We are a sort of "outsider" comedy band...
I wish there were other musicians willing to work with me..but due to my reputation of being a bit of a nutbag, I seldom get the opportunity..

I am a back-up" singer (not to be confused with a backup singer who sings harmonies... I'm the dude they call when they need an extra set) in a cover band and will be doing some solo stuff with a guitarist/bass player pretty soon...

and, with the help of my friends on the UUMinijams (which I HIGHLY recommend!), I'll be playing my ukulele pretty soon!

I'm in a band called Three Hour Tour, playing nothing but uke. Originally I was asked to play guitar in it, but I had other ideas... We consist of steel drum, bass, percussion, and of course uke. When budgets are tight we just have the uke and steel drum, with prerecorded drums (real drums, not a machine...) and bass. Right now we're playing all summer at the San Diego Zoo with steel drum, bass, uke, and drum tracks, because they wouldn't spring for the drummer! Times are tight for The Zoo these days. Actually, since I'm in L.A., I can only make it down on mostly weekends, but there are some fine players subbing for me when I'm not there. It's a blast. We do four half-hour sets and pass out hula hoops to the kids. then in the last two songs in of each set there's a contest. The kids eat it up! We play right at the entrance at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, & 7pm. In between sets we throw it over to a stage across from us where they do amazing 10 min. paintings of animals, called Splash Animals. More fun than I've ever had in any other band I was ever in, by far! I'll be there this weekend if anyone is around the San Diego area.

I'm in a band called Three Hour Tour, playing nothing but uke. Originally I was asked to play guitar in it, but I had other ideas... We consist of steel drum, bass, percussion, and of course uke. When budgets are tight we just have the uke and steel drum, with prerecorded drums (real drums, not a machine...) and bass. Right now we're playing all summer at the San Diego Zoo with steel drum, bass, uke, and drum tracks, because they wouldn't spring for the drummer! Times are tight for The Zoo these days. Actually, since I'm in L.A., I can only make it down on mostly weekends, but there are some fine players subbing for me when I'm not there. It's a blast. We do four half-hour sets and pass out hula hoops to the kids. then in the last two songs in of each set there's a contest. The kids eat it up! We play right at the entrance at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, & 7pm. In between sets we throw it over to a stage across from us where they do amazing 10 min. paintings of animals, called Splash Animals. More fun than I've ever had in any other band I was ever in, by far! I'll be there this weekend if anyone is around the San Diego area.

That is a really cool sounding gig! It reminds me of something I read about Steve Martin getting his start juggling and playing banjo at Disney Land, or possibly Disney WORLD... or possibly some other theme park... maybe Six Flags, since he's originally from Texas and that's where the original Six Flags was.

Top Bottom