Warning - Possible Forum Scam

Paul December

Reaction score
I got an unsolicited PM from "Love671" looking to trade their Kamakas and Custom uke.
This person has Zero forum posts.
...I've forwarded the PM to Admin.

I received trade requests as well but i just politely declined. I wouldn't have traded anyways b/c of the zero posts thing. The funny thing is that when I originally offered the PS in a trade I received mutiple trade offers from members with zero posts. You have to be cautious.

The scammer who caused the need for rules in the Ukulele marketplace was named babiidrew671

671 is an area code in Guam

So Love671 is either the same guy, or loads of scammers are from Guam

or 671 is his lucky number! for scamming.

Yeah, I'd gotten messaged too from this poster. Made the same decision based on the zero post and pretty much replied as such.

I've not received any such posts. I wonder how he/she targets certain individuals? Could it be just members who have had ads in the UU Marketplace?

The scammer who caused the need for rules in the Ukulele marketplace was named babiidrew671

671 is an area code in Guam

So Love671 is either the same guy, or loads of scammers are from Guam

And here I thought they all came from Nigeria. ;)

I've not received any such posts. I wonder how he/she targets certain individuals? Could it be just members who have had ads in the UU Marketplace?

i think so. I posted my PS a few months back and the memeber was very aggressive in their pursuit of a trade with me. I just let them know that I no longer had the uke and was then told if I had any ukes to trade let them know. It could be legit. I just don't like to trade with someone unless they have a few post here or someone I "know" stands up for them.

If this is the same scammer as before, If I remember his IP address was from the Seattle area.
He was johnny671 and Guamboy671 or something like that.

Yep. His IP was from the west coast and he wanted to send the uke to Guam.

Man that has been awhile. But let's not jump on this guy like wolves. I hate when we do that(not that anyone has).

It's the same guy. I banned him and his new IP. It goes without saying, but don't do any business with this guy. I'm glad he makes it easy for us by adding 671 to the end of all his account names, though.

Andrew671
Babiidrew671
Drew671
Love671

It's the same guy. I banned him and his new IP. It goes without saying, but don't do any business with this guy. I'm glad he makes it easy for us by adding 671 to the end of all his account names, though.

Andrew671
Babiidrew671
Drew671
Love671

Not very bright.

Andrew671
Babiidrew671
Drew671
Love671

maybe we should say that he makes it easy by adding 716 or something similar so that he continues to add 671 to the end???

Dang, just when I thought all ukulele players were nice.

Top Bottom