Jake signed ukulele

lambchop

Reaction score
I am not sure if I could even do this, as I love it and value it so, but I am going to have a two-month period where my salary is going to basically be cut in half and I may have to part with my Cordoba mahogany tenor ukulele signed by Jake Shimabukuro. It is not just a stock model, but it has an upgraded ebony bridge made by a very good local luthier, side dots installed (as the fret board dots were not as easy to see), also by the same luthier, with custom made bone nut and saddle. It is a single cut-away style, solid top and laminated back and sides and has a very nice traditional tone. Weakest link is/are the tuners (that was my next planned upgrade), but it does hold tune very well and it does have onboard electronics. It's the 20TM-CE model and goes for around $200 stock at GC but the signature and the upgrades make it worth more, at least to me.

I would like to see what people think this may be worth so that if it comes down to selling it I will know what to ask. If you are seriously interested, let me know that, too, as I may just let it go with the right offer, but I cannot commit to that yet as this means a great deal to me. But so does eating.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Mike

might want to try the buying section. Yopu might get more advbise there. I'm not sure about the value. I had Jake sign my Mele and it didn't increase the value at all. My advise though is don't sell it unless it literally comes down to starving or not. I almost put my sceptre up fro sell and my dad told me not to. He saids that it really isn't worth it if I knew the financial storm was short lived.

I hesitate to spend more than 50% of the "new" price for a used uke. The signature is nice, but not uncommon. Jake'll sign a uke at the drop of a hat. The upgrades are cool, too, but not worth what you paid for them in resale value. Cordoba doesn't have the greatest of followings here on UU.

Bottom line is, I'd only be willing to pay $100 - $125 at the very most if I were to want that uke. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you asked for input....

Food is so over rated. ;) Sounds like this 'ukulele has allot of sentimental value so worth more to you than actual market value. Jake signed YOUR 'ukulele making that signature special to YOU.
As stated the Cordoba is not a highly prized brand even if a decent player. Hang on to it, and hand it down to your kid years from now since they will also appreciate the sentimentality. ;)

Food is so over rated. ;) Sounds like this 'ukulele has allot of sentimental value so worth more to you than actual market value. Jake signed YOUR 'ukulele making that signature special to YOU.
As stated the Cordoba is not a highly prized brand even if a decent player. Hang on to it, and hand it down to your kid years from now since they will also appreciate the sentimentality. ;)

I agree on a stock Cordoba, but this one is pretty sweet now. I play my Boulder Creek now, and not this one, though, but I think I may just hold on to it in this case and thanks for the advice. Mike

Sadly, you almost definitely will not get paid to compensate you for the sentimental value it has to you. Jake's signature doens't add much to the value really, because, like others have said, he will sign anyone's uke who asks him. But for the more starter-level ukes, realistically, the going rate is about 50 to 60% of the combined value of the stock uke and upgrades. IMO, if it has a lot of sentimental value to you, keep it, and try to find another way to get the money.

Keep it. Even if you were to get $200, that's not what it's really worth to you. Surely there are other things you have to sell off sooner.

If you haven't already, you need to hit extreme frugal mode. No dining out, no ordering pizzas for delivery, no movies, no buying anything you don't absolutely need.

Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for work or whatever.

Good luck to you.

Top Bottom